Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Baruch Hashem for the rain

hadasa

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 3:01 pm
It's been many years since someone first impressed upon me the concept that in EY we always thank Hashem for the rain, and never, ever complain about it. I am aware of how important rain is here and that we should be very grateful that it has finally come.
[On a side note, my husband had a conversation with someone from Nir Etzion, one of the Yishuvim that just barely escaped being obliterated by the Carmel fire. He told him that the Rav in NE had just spoken the Shabbos before about the fact that in our times, with modern irrigation methods etc., we don't feel the lack of rain as strongly as we used to, which prevents us from Davening for it as intensely as previous generations did. When the fire broke out, he said, "I was wrong, Hashem is showing us that we need Him just as much as ever.]

My question to the Israeli mothers is, do you always remember to only say thank You? Does it never happen that the rain really, really inconveniences you, and you find it hard not to complain?

shevi82

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 3:25 pm
In the past few years the winters have been less and less rainy. So every time it rains it's a real celebration in my house. The kids are glued to the window and you hear kids singing from outside "Mashiv Haruach Umorid Hageshem"

mimivan

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 3:27 pm
I am so happy about the rain!
but one thing I do complain about is when there is wind and cold without much rain. When it is nasty outside without rain, I think "chaval all this and no rain! Hashem at least send rain if it is going to be so cold and windy as well!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics