Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Doesn't want recess, wants to work

Ruchel

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:42 am
My dd is in first grade of cheder/gan alef.
She is much too advanced on the cursus (both kodesh and chol) and bored (no, we didn't find any school offering a higher cursus for girls, and actually I haven't heard of one anywhere).

Her new shtick is that she doesn't want to go play at recess. She wants to stay and try to read, or "work" on something. It has been a long time now, we thought it was a phase but it's still happening. They force her to go for the social side.

She has many friends (very popular) so it's not the problem. At home she plays without a problem, though she also likes to "work".

Do I try to convince her recess rocks? Do you think it means we should make her "work" more at home so she feels like unwinding at recess? or what?

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:45 am
Maybe she feels more "grown up" by saying she's working?
Maybe she needs to be reassured that even grown ups need to take breaks and have fun.

Just a theory...I'm not at that stage yet in parenting though.
Hatzlocha!

Raisin

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:46 am
explain that it is healthy for her to get exercise every day, so recess is a good time to do that. you can give a whole science lesson on how the body works.

Als, tell her if she runs around at recess she will learn better the rest of the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers