Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Does your hubby wash his hands with soap?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 5:54 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
amother wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
I don't know and I don't care, he's a big boy and I'm not his parent!

Thumbs Up

OP, how would you feel if your DH would tell you to soap your hands every time you come out of the bathroom, to soap your hands when you put the rubbish in the bin, or soap your hands when you touch parts of the body that are usually covered? Shooting Arrow

she wouldnt feel good, so she needs to find a nice way of explaining her position and asking for a meeting of minds.
BUT I wouldnt call her a troll. her position is legitimate

I used that emoticon for its original purpose - a shooting arrow (as she'd shoot him for being a pest), not to symbolize a troll, a novel expression.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 6:01 pm
in our house, we keep plastic gloves around to wear for garbage, recycling, etc.

exhausted

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 6:03 pm
No, my DH doesn't use soap often enough but showers every day and always before imtimacy, but it does bother me that he doesn't use soap after the bathroom.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 6:16 pm
BH I married a guy who always, always washes his hands with soap! Almost obsessive about it, actually. Anytime he even picks up something from the floor he washes with soap.

My mom and sister, on the other hand, never wash with soap (shower, obviously, and sometimes after taking out the garbage). It grosses me out. DH and I are expecting our first baby in a few months, and I'm already stressing out about my mom and sister's non-washed hands. They live within walking distance of us, and they've over all of the time. Obviously this makes me very happy-- I will have help when the baby comes, but at the same time, I do not want their filthy hands on my baby! I guess I'm just going to have to make rules and enforce them.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:24 pm
Dh is a big soap user.

mama-star

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 9:28 pm
OMG of course he does. it disgusts me to think otherwise.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:05 pm
I always assumed he did because I think its gross not too. Once we were in the mall with our kids and he took them to the bathroom and I asked the kids if they washed with soap and they said no. I was horrified. I asked dh dont you use soap after you go to the bathroom and he told me no. Sometimes when I see him wiping our kids or cleaning up after an accident I cant help myself but sound like his mother and say, I hope you wash with soap after this. U ch gross. It's like when they pick their teeth after a meal-go -somewhere private and do it. Why cant they learn good hygeine. yuck!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 1:04 am
can I just say this is also a health issue. one can get very sick from not washing hands after changing a baby's diaper if some of the stuff gets on the hands then accidentally in the mouth... ick!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:02 am
Quote:
Anytime he even picks up something from the floor he washes with soap.

Woah. I don't know anyone who goes so far!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:37 pm
I'm a bit obsessed with washing my hands with soap. DH not only doesn't use soap after using the bathroom but he dries his hands in his HAIR. It is so gross but I don't know how to approach him about the subject without nagging. He thinks it is just one big joke, especially now that he knows I don't like it.

Strangely though, he is obsessed with me wearing my shoes in the flat! We are currently decorating a couple of rooms of the flat and the floors (which are all tiles) are really hard to keep clean what with the dust and the need to bring things in and out from outside, so I just keep my shoes on to avoid getting my tights and feet dirty. He can't stand it! Says its really unhygenic not to take off my shoes when coming inside!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette