Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO Hot Chocolate Sauce/Cream for Chocolate Cake

tm

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 12:50 am
Hoping someone here can help.
I have a chocolate cake and I want to make the hot chocolate sauce to serve on top of (hot) chocolate cake- like the kind you get in a restaurant. Does anyone have a recipe ? (without margarine preferred)
I need this for this afternoon so I'd appreciate all quick responses!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 1:35 am
I use rich's whip for pareve.
Israeli measurments.
1 rich's whip
200 grams dark chocolate (the more cocoa mass the better)
2 teaspoons coffe (flavored coffe is great) OR liqour OR vanilla extract
Heat creamer in a suacepan a second before it starts to boil add chocolate (in small pieces) and flavoring.
Turn off flame and stirr until chocolate dissolves. Serve warm (you can keep on the plata and serve friday night).

tm

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 2:06 am
thanks chanchy. that looks good! do I beat the whip first or use it as is?

chanchy123

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 2:11 am
tm wrote:
thanks chanchy. that looks good! do I beat the whip first or use it as is?

Don't beat, it comes out saucy and creamy.

cookielady

Post Wed, Jul 28 2010, 3:00 pm
Here is a recipe I posted a few years ago. It's very easy and delicious.

1 8oz. container of rich's whip or 1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup light corn syrup
12 oz. choc chips

In a small saucepan, mix rich's whip and corn syrup over medium heat. Bring to just a boil, and stir for 2 minutes. Then mix in chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
Serve warm over ice cream or what ever you want.

drumjj

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 12:40 am
cookies is delicious I had it in someones house and I loved it.

tm

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 1:37 am
thanks cookielady, I'll keep yours on record.
chanchy I made yours and it was very good- very chocolaty. everyone loved it! thanks.

momto1

Post Thu, Jul 29 2010, 7:04 am
tm, can you please post the recipe for the chocolate cake? Also, does it need to be served right out of over or can be kept warm on hotplate or something?

tm

Post Sat, Jul 31 2010, 11:31 pm
I just baked a regular chocolate birthday cake. I have several plain chocolate cake recipes and I think all would be fine. I tried to heat up the cake (which was baked the day before) but I didn't leave it in the oven long enough. it was cold but still everyone liked it. Then for some of the latecomers, I just put the choc. sauce on top of a piece of cake and microwaved the two together and they liked that too.

it was a put-it-together yourself type of recipe- I just posted here asking for the sauce cuz I couldn't find a recipe. I'm not going to have internet access for a few days and I don't have the recipe on me so I hope you'll manage to find some other recipe. if you still want me to post it, let me know and in about a week, I'll try to do it for you.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 2:44 am
And thanks to you too. You inspired me to make my own hot chocolate cake with chocolate sauce. It was yummmmmy.
I put the cake on the plata (hot plate/blech) when I take the food off to serve so it gets warm for about an hour or so before serving and put a nice tablespoon of sauce of each slice.

cookielady

Post Sun, Aug 08 2010, 4:42 pm
THis past Shabbos I made my hot fudge sauce and served it over mini brownie tarts topped with marshmallow cream. Very delicious!

kalsee

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 2:20 am
cookie lady I made your recipe for a party in my house and it was delicious! thanks so much!

chanchy123

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 2:27 am
cookielady wrote:
THis past Shabbos I made my hot fudge sauce and served it over mini brownie tarts topped with marshmallow cream. Very delicious!

Please share. Sounds amazing.

cookielady

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:32 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
cookielady wrote:

Please share. Sounds amazing.
For the life of me I can't remember what recipe this is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins