Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Need kugel substitute
Previous  1  2

aussiegal

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 11:46 pm
what about apple-cranberry kugel? u can serve it hot or cold and its more 'fresh' than a hot, regular kugel. (and VERY easy to make!).

Otherwise, I sometimes just throw carrots, celery and mushrooms around the chicken and serve it as an extra side dish at night - it gets the flavor of the sauce from the chicken and is quite good.

Or, you could make tzimmes - sweet carrots with honey
Or, cabbage and noodles stir fried.

lately I know my mother has been doing alot of grilled vegetables - u can serve it hot friday night and cold shabbos day - grilled eggplant, onion, peppers, mushrooms etc.

DevorahF

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 6:44 am
squash pie is very light and delicious it has cinnamon and sugar and serves nice at room temp. how about carrot muffins?
if you would like something hot try zucchini mushroom quiche it is sliced zuchinnis, chopped onions and mushrooms sauteed add eggs, flour salt and pepper and pour int o 2 pie crusts. freeze one for a different week, everyone loves it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes