Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
What's the difference between Amazon Prime & Amazon Mom?

ilovemylife

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:22 am
Can someone please explain to me?? I'm so confused...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:31 am
Prime -- free 2 day shipping on applicable items
Mom -- free Prime for a certain amount of time based on what you buy baby/mom related. Over $25 extends your benefits for a month. You start out w/ 3 months and need to extend it before it expires. Can get up to a year at this point.

obagys

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:37 am
Also, the "over $25" requirement is a pre-coupon price. For example, I bought a large box of diapers (204) which was something like $28, but I had a 20% coupon which brought the total below $25, and I still got the Prime extension.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 12:17 pm
Prime you pay membership for, AFAIK. Mom is free.
(and what PPs said)

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 12:18 pm
Oh and Mom gets you an extra 15% off on lots of baby products

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 12:18 pm
Prime is with their credit card, isn't it ?

ilovemylife

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 12:26 pm
so when I log in to amazon, do I need a different password for amazon prime and mom, or its the same? like when I log in, there's a button to press that says amazon prime, if im there, how do I see amazon mom stuff?

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 12:35 pm
It all goes under your main amazon account, no separate sign-in. You just sign up once and your account becomes a mom account.

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 12:48 pm
Wow, looks like a good deal for Pampers Cruisers! Think I might give it a try!

nylon

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 1:03 pm
Difference between paid Prime and free: Paid has 4 members (don't have to live with you). Mom only has 1. So if you share your Prime with spouse and kids, Mom isn't a substitute.

Marion

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 1:17 pm
I dunno...I was able to "invite" someone to share my Prime benefits. I have it only through Mom. (And I just extended 8 months when I bought a carseat...it's EVERY $25 you spend.)

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 1:44 pm
nylon wrote:
Difference between paid Prime and free: Paid has 4 members (don't have to live with you). Mom only has 1. So if you share your Prime with spouse and kids, Mom isn't a substitute.

Yeah but you can have it shipped to any address. I know because I have a few addresses on my account and it lets me choose any one.

Also, what's the difference? If you sign up for amazon mom then they can add a different 4th person to the prime account. Now you have *5* people getting it! Still a deal.

nylon

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 2:10 pm
Yeah, but then you have to shop for them.

I'm not saying Amazon Mom is bad--only that paid Amazon Prime may work better for some people. I split Prime with my husband and sister--it's under my name. Neither of them orders baby stuff, so it worked out better for all of us to keep regular Prime. Marion, maybe they changed it but when I first got the Amazon Mom invite I remember there was a difference in how many people could share the free shipping.

bluebird

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 3:11 pm
nylon wrote:

It's not only for "Moms" though. Anyone who's involved with childcare can get an Amazon Mom account. So your spouse can create an Amazon account and get Amazon Mom even though they're a Dad. Same with grandparents.

Quote:

Who is this program for, and do I qualify?

• Amazon Mom is a free membership program aimed at helping parents and caretakers, from the prenatal days through the toddler years, use Amazon to find all the products their family needs. To join, simply sign into your Amazon account and tell us whether you are a Mom, Dad, or other caretaker of a child. By providing information about your family, you can help us personalize offers, e-mails, and product recommendations to help you find exactly what you need at just the right time. Your kids are older than toddlers? No problem, you can still join Amazon Mom, just understand that some of the key benefits are specifically aimed at younger children (such as the 30% off diapers promotion).

Are dads, grandmas, and other caretakers eligible?

• Yes. Despite the name, Amazon Mom is open to anyone who is responsible for caring for a baby or young child--“Amazon Primary Caretaker” just didn’t have the same ring to it. Kidding aside, we chose this name because we noticed moms in social communities (like our Amazon discussion boards) looking to connect and share information about products and problems with other moms. We wanted a name that would let these groups know that this program was created with their unique needs in mind. That said, we do not want to alienate dads or other caretakers, and we openly welcome anyone who has a young child and wants deals on diapers, fast shipping, and tailored offers that help them get through the newborn to toddler years unscathed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/featu.....35321

Atali

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 3:19 pm
BTW, if anyone here is in college you can get Amazon Student which gives you free prime membership for a year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains