Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Rolling over

shoy18

Post Mon, Feb 07 2005, 7:28 pm
I have a 5 1/2 month old boy K"H he still doesnt roll over and Im starting to get nervous. Anyone have some advice?

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 07 2005, 7:32 pm
Is he a well rounded little guy, coz sometimes I know not all the time but sometimes these type of kids take their time.

Also whereas most kids are sitting btw 5-7mnths only one of my twins sits well, unsupported, at almost 7mnths. However the other twin was the first to crawl so really I wouldn't worry give it another month or so.

Atleast one way he's rolling, right?

zuncompany

Post Mon, Feb 07 2005, 7:50 pm
try more tummy time. put things on their side to encourage them. don't go get everything for them... encourage them to roll there:) It will happen. Just some take longer than others.

sara

shoy18

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 5:51 am
He will roll over from front to back but not very often he did maybe three times. but hes not "well rounded" at all hes actually a very light most of my friends babies way more than him and thier all younger

proudmom

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 7:51 am
my daughter is 9 months old and she doesnt roll over at all. doctor told me dont worry.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 7:57 am
'show' him how to roll over.
You can help him practice rolling & make it fun.
Clap & encourage, smile a lot.

Tovah

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 8:08 am
maybe he's just not ready. a baby will get to the next step of dev. when they are ready. my daughter was late for everything acc to all the baby books but then at 8 months stood up before crawling go figure and now 2 months later she's almost walking (which is really nice since I'm giving birth in 6 weeks)

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 8:25 am
Shoy18. mine also didnt roll over often maybe 3 or four times. someone told me if they have done it once or twice , they know how to but just don't want to do it all the time.

shoy18

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 8:58 am
thanks for all the advice Im not so nervous anymore.

shayna

Post Fri, Feb 11 2005, 8:09 am
my baby is 6 mos and rolled over 2xs not a big mover but as long as the pediatrician says not to worry, I don't LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics