Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
So what have you heard about the new Quick & Kosher cook
Previous  1  2  3

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 8:07 pm
marsjanco wrote:
The reason for push for kosher.com is that she is their 'chief foodie'. That is why I said that with all the endorsements, I am sure she more than made up for paying publishing costs by the 'ads'.

The last book, using the duck sauce chicken as an example, did not specift a duck sauce brand- if it did, it was likely on the side as a suggestion. As I said before, almost eveyr recipe specifies a certain brand to use for something, and for me, I find it really really annoying. If jamie is reading this then I feel bad, but we all know she works for kosher.com, we all know about gefen and manishewitz, and we can all get items exactly the same for usually half the price. As an example, Shoprite stocks OU Glatt chicken broth and OU generic brand oil spray. Why would I chose to use Gefen or Manishewitz?

My favorite 'recipe' from the cookbook

'Garlic Dusted French Fries'

1 32oz bag frozen french fries
1 tbsp garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder.

Cook fries according to package direction.
Mix salt with garlic powder, sprinkle before serving. Rolling Eyes
Could I trouble you to post the recipe for Hoisin-Glazed Chicken Thighs? embarrassed

avimom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 9:46 pm
I opened my chanukah present early and was also very disappointed with this cookbook :-( I loved the first one and was looking forward to this but I found it just to be advertisements- kind of like the free cookbooks you get at shoprite... Not many recipes I'd like to try in there...

ceo

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:19 pm
I was also very disappointed.

First off, if it's called "Meals In Minutes," why is there a section on "60 minute meals?" Confused :

Some of her "recipes" are jokes. "Toffuti ice cream with granola and peaches: toffuti ice cream, canned peaches, and granola from a box. Rolling Eyes

Also, her stories and views in this one are not nearly as good as the previous version. In the first book, she told stories about how she would always set off the fire alarm when cooking, etc.... It was funny. In this book, she tells us about the decor of her kitchen. Who cares?

And like the other posters mentioned, many of her recipes are advertisements for the different products sold at kosher.com. What a disappointing book!

Also, she toots herself as a "busy mom cooking food for the whole family." While I didn't expect (or want) a cookbook full of pizza and hot dog recipes, I was under the impression that there would be more "family" recipes--- ie- kid friendly food. Much of the food in this cookbook is definitely geared towards a more sophisticated palate (ie- chicken, pear, and arugula salad)

The new Susie Fishbein cookbook is much, much better.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics