Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Adar

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 3:57 pm
Just looking and trying to put together something for Rosh Chodesh class. Even though it's not for a couple days, but here we always do Sunday b/4 since best time for women.
Well I came across for the first time and please no shocked emoticons. That the best time to swing buisness deals and work on issues is this month. Since Hashem finds favour with us now. Whereas in Av to try and keep away from buisness deals etc for the opposite reason. Learnt more stuff and will put up eventually!
So maybe I will enter the lottery what do you think?
On a side note my passport arrived Very Happy

gryp

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 4:20 pm
freilich- arent you leaving soon?
good luck with R"C program. Two adars mean we increase double in happiness.

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 4:30 pm
Mishenichnas Adar marbin besimcha Very Happy Mishenichnas Av memaatin besimcha Sad . My uncle told me once that the simcha that we're memaet in Av is the simcha that we were marbeh in Adar, so that from Adar to Av we should be in an elevated state of simcha.

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 4:34 pm
Thanks! anymore tidbits anyone..... will give credit Very Happy

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 8:54 pm
from R Reismannn's snavi shiur on listening to your wife Wink :

the real neis of Purim is not the reversal of decree & transfer of power from haman to Mordechai, but change of human nature. it is the hardest thing in the world.

Ahashveirosh, an antesemite as much as haman, had a part to selebrate the decree to kill the Jews. when Estther told him that she & her people are in danfer, ahashv. could have sent her back to harem & told her "mind yyour business, woman!"

BUT!!!!!!!!! H' changed his mind, reverced his nature, & ahashv. became pro-jewish!!!!

Adar & especially Purim, is the time to overcome human nature!!!
Any traits to work on, anybody?

Post Mon, Feb 07 2005, 2:30 pm
sarahd wrote:
Mishenichnas Adar marbin besimcha Very Happy Mishenichnas Av memaatin besimcha Sad . My uncle told me once that the simcha that we're memaet in Av is the simcha that we were marbeh in Adar, so that from Adar to Av we should be in an elevated state of simcha.

I heard s/t diff (sorry, can't remember where). If we're supposed to elevate our simcha in Adar and lessen our simcha in Av, then that means in general we should be b'simcha and just increase/decrease it at certain times. it doesn't say "be happy in adar" and "be sad in av" and the rest of the year be regular, cuz the rest of the year you should be happy too!!!

Motek

Post Tue, Feb 08 2005, 11:55 am
the Lubavitcher Rebbe says that since a leap year with two Adars has SIXTY days, and since "sixty" is how we nullify the forbidden [in kashrus laws] one can say that the sixty days of Adar allude to the nullification (to the point that it's actually nullified) of all undesirable things!

(In Sefer Ha'Sichos 5752, vol. 2, p. 378)

a report (duch) was given to the Rebbe in which they described the dancing in 770 (on motzoei Shushan Purim Katan), shira to bring the Geula - and the Rebbe's response was: :v'tihei peula nimsheches u'b'hosafa (may it be an ongoing activity, even more so), azkir al ha'tziyun (I'll mention it at the tziyun=Ohel).

in another answer from the Rebbe: "ha'zeman grama l'harbos b'simcha u'b'kiflayim shishim yom (the time is right to increase in simcha, in double measure, sixty days". Azkir al ha'tziyun"

R' Rapp of Matteh Shira V'Zimra organizes musical accompaniment for singing and dancing during the sixty days of Adar in 770, every night!

I hope to remember to check on 770live.com during the next two months, after 10 which is after seder, to watch it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics