Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
South Beach Diet

amother

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 7:43 pm
What is it exactly?

cindy324

Post Thu, Jun 29 2006, 8:11 pm
It's a diet where you learn to eat healthy lean proteins and ONLY whole grains and non starchy veggies. The first two weeks is the hardest part, you're only allowed mostly protein, no bread , no carbs, no fruit even. That's when you lose about 10 lbs. Then you begin the second phase of the diet where you slowly reintroduce certain healthy carbs.

It's a very healthy way of eating if you make it past the first two weeks. I personally would start with phase two and lose a lb . a week then give up all carbs for two weeks.

RachelB

Post Sat, Jul 08 2006, 11:26 pm
I've been on it from May 1st. 19 lbs so far. Phase one was essential for me, since it got rid of all my cravings (I love sweets)
I also work out 6 days a week (cardio and weights)
feel free to PM me for more info...

yoyosma

Post Sat, Jul 08 2006, 11:34 pm
Simply buy the book!

happy

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:43 pm
I just got the book. The first two weeks are HARD!!!
How can you eat a shabbos meal on this diet. ??? no kugel, no potatoes no chulent exept for the meat, no fruit no challa, Just veggies........

or maybe I should just start the diet and cheat shabbos?? my dh wont let me get away without washing and eating challa for birkat hamazon!!!!

cindy324

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 10:49 pm
Actually you could have cholent, you're allowed to have beans even in the first two weeks, they're high in protein. Just look on page 126, if you leave the potatoes out of the cholent you're good to go.

Sparkle

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:28 pm
I tried it and the first 2 weeks were impossible! I was so lightheaded and faint - my husband practically forbade me to continue since I had no energy to watch the kids by 4 PM everyday. Now I am completely off sugar and wheat (but other grains and fruit) are OK. I am still losing - and am not feeling sick! Very Happy

MovinMom

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 1:47 pm
no one said losing weight was easy

RachelB

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 9:59 pm
On Shabbos I eat:
1 slice of challh (sometimes I make wholewheat/splenda just for me)
Chicken, coleslaw with splenda, egg salad, babaghanoush. Cholent with lots and lots of beans and barley.
I also stopped drinking diet soda (only have some on Shabbos)

happy

Post Thu, Jul 20 2006, 12:21 am
whats wrong with diet soda on this south beach diet? I didn't see it in the book?????
I drink diet soda all the time...and I'm starting the diet soon.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 5:01 pm
Did South Beach about 15 years ago. First 2 weeks were difficult- but the weight fell off ( I was in my 40s then) until I went from a size 16 to a size 8! Took six months. Added exercise; but was so hard to maintain that weight- without tons of added exercise. Could not maintain. Menopause slowed the process down- back to a size 14 for last 5 years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise