Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Welcome and guidelines

Yael

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 11:46 am
Welcome to the Challenging children forum.
This is a safe haven where mothers of challenging children can give and receive support.
This is not intended for those with special needs. we have another forum called special needs kids for that purpose.
The definition of challenging is:
a child that requires more effort, a high maintenance child. a child that needs a different method of raising and discipline than the standard child. a child for whom the regular parenting books dont work.
This can include a child with sensory issues, ADHD, a gifted child, a child who is oppositional defiant, and more.

This is a safe haven which means that at the beginning of each new thread, the OP should give the background of her child before asking for advice. The advice given should be relevant to the type of child she has. this is not the place to debate the use of labels, or efficacy of treating your child differently. all responses should be respectful, and never inflammatory.
the use of amother has been provided only for those who seek privacy, not for those who wish to hide behind a mask when their response does not follow the rules.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 11:51 am
Thank you, Yael!

Aribenj

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 5:51 pm
YES!!! Thank you so much!!!

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 10:12 pm
Thank you Yael for always responding to the needs of the members and making imamother a better place Smile

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 10 2011, 10:40 pm
ADHD and ODD belong in special needs.
My ADHD kid with LD does not belong in a forum with my gifted kid. I don't want them together.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 12:07 am
Isramom8 wrote:
ADHD and ODD belong in special needs.
My ADHD kid with LD does not belong in a forum with my gifted kid. I don't want them together.

I also agree that those with a specific diagnosis go in special needs.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 12:46 am
But my ODD child is brilliant ...
(as are all my children.)

cassandra

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 12:49 am
Is it possible for the forum to be invisible to the general public? I had assumed it was, but now I see it isn't.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 12:52 am
amother wrote:
But my ODD child is brilliant ...
(as are all my children.)

LOL that you can find something to brag about concerning ODD.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 3:31 am
I want to use my username but cant unless this is hidden from the public.
and is this forum a hidden one? or can all imamothers get into this forum? (I have family on here)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 10:04 pm
Yael wrote:
Welcome to the Challenging children forum.
This is a safe haven where mothers of challenging children can give and receive support.
This is not intended for those with special needs. we have another forum called special needs kids for that purpose..

Where is that forum? Can't seem to find it...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)