Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Fly lady support

willow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 6:02 am
O.k so after seeing everyone refer to fly lady in like a million different posts I decided I have to see what its all about. So I joined. Now I want to know who really does all the steps and also the steps advance so fast so how do you remember what to do. Do you look at the steps every morning?

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 6:14 am
Take it slow, make simple routines.

Write it down! Start a "control journal".

I'll try to write more later, if you have specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Hatzlacha and good for you!

abc123

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 6:15 am
I also joined a couple of weeks to see what it's all about (thanks to posts on this board). I don't follow all the steps just the ones that make sense to me (eg. I am not going to write down all those "negative voices" and then write something nice to myself for goodness sake!!) And I just remember the ones I'm interested in doing in my head. I don't really check the steps every morning. But I always check my inbox to see what else she's come up with!!!
At the worst this is an experiment where the only thing that can happen is a cleaner house....

willow

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 6:23 am
abc123 wrote:

At the worst this is an experiment where the only thing that can happen is a cleaner house....

LOL

Mishie

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 8:35 am
I was just thinking about "Fly Lady" this morning...
as I was "Shining My Kitchen Sink".....

Seriously!!!!
Very Happy

micki

Post Wed, Jul 05 2006, 9:22 am
I'm also trying to figure it out...
my sink IS clean. its my floors that need help. toys...
but I did clear the front hall and dining room yesterday!

willow

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 6:26 am
I keep getting about 7-10 e-mails from them a day. Since it looks overwelming I just delete them all embarrassed Why can't they send just one e-mail?

bonzie

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 6:29 am
wuts flylady?? how do I join??

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 10:30 am
willow-you can get them in digest form.

The reminders are to remind you to do things, and you can delete them like a checklist.

The other stuff is chizuk.

She tells you right off the bat to feel free to delete in the beginning (or after a while!) what you don't need/want.

Bonzie-go to flylady.net and check her out! She'll help you organize your life and your home and your family and yourself!

hisorerus

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 12:46 pm
Willow, don't worry, you're SUPPOSED to delete the emails!

What I did personally is set my computer's own organizer to tell me the reminders (like, night routine, where's your laundry, etc.), and my email automatically deletes those.

Just follow the steps in the 31 beginner's steps email, and don't worry about everything else.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Jul 06 2006, 12:50 pm
It can seem a bit much with the emails.... but I just use them as reminders and delete them w/out reading them... Just nice to have

Tila

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 12:55 pm
ITS ALL MY FAULT!!!!! shock I started, and wow was I good! I need to get back on the wagon!! HELP Silent

Crayon210

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 12:56 pm
FlyLady always says there is no wagon, just jump in where we are. ;-)

shayna82

Post Fri, Jul 21 2006, 12:58 pm
my reminders go into a special folder labeled flylady, so they dont hog up my inbox

willow

Post Sat, Jul 22 2006, 1:44 pm
O.k thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics