Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Flaky dry skin!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 12:46 pm
My skin gets really dry and flaky. I'm also sensitive to many soaps/ house cleaners- my hands start to get these cut looking things from certain ones. Any ideas for me???

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:02 pm
Look for something hypoallergenic; and see a dermatologist.

Bliss

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:05 pm
Look into natural beauty products and cleaners, that might be a solution for you.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:08 pm
we all have sensitive skin. Sad dd (age 21) even uses some kiddie products !

mommy24

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:16 pm
Bliss wrote:
Look into natural beauty products and cleaners, that might be a solution for you.

I also have very dry skin and last year I said its enough, I spent extra money on organic/natural moisturizers and shower gels, etc and it has made a huge difference. I have been using natural cleaning products for a while not sure if those really affected my skin as much or if the moisturizers I was using just wasn't doing its jobs.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:22 pm
I don't use those BUT I make sure I use very few products on my skin.

bfg

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 8:33 pm
Use cream with shea butter - such as l'occitane hand creme - expensive but really works well.

Happy18

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:06 pm
I'm sure you thought of it, but I always try to wear gloves when washing dishes and cleaning.

It really helps me, but if you find a cream that works I would love to know.

Mkay

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:13 pm
I found Eucerin cream (original formula) to work great! I put on before bed. It's expensive, but worth every penny.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:14 pm
If it's your face that is flaky in spots, start using Cetaphil gentle skin cleansor. It's soft and milky, the absolute best for sensative skin. Recommended to me by my dermatologist.
Also use moisturizer for sensative skin. I use Neutragena Sensative Skin oil free moisturizer, per derm.

About the cleansors, I too cannot handle household cleansors (regular dishsoap (Dawn original) is okay.)
I bought two spray bottles.
One I fill with vinegar and label it as vinegar all purpose cleansor.
The other one I fill with a solution of Shaklee Basic H and label it as Shaklee all purpose cleansor. (Basically 1/4 tsp H for every 2 cups of water - not expensive at all.)
They work wonderfully and do not irritate my skin BH.
(I do have many other cleansors that are reserved for my cleaner.)

For dry hands, use Neutragena Norwegian hand cream. Very concentrated and potent. (not the light non-greasy version.)

amother

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 11:06 pm
op here thanks fora ll the great ideas!!! any one have anymore?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 6:53 pm
op here... I started to use an exfoliator from the dead sea with a eucerine cream...hope thatll work Smile thanks everyone!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 9:40 pm
so every winter I get terribly dry skin all over and I'm so itchy and it's really not pretty. it's on my leggings, skirt, and tops.
I want to try different natural ways to get rid of it but idk where to start. anyone had this and has any ideas what I can try?
thank you!

Raw

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 9:55 pm
I have really dry cut up hands from the weather and constant cooking and cleaning. Wear gloves as often as possible.
Weleda Skin Food is a fantastic thick cream that I put on a few times a day and every night before going to sleep and it works!

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:38 am
coconut oil works wonders!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics