Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Which is your dirtiest page? :)
Previous  1  2  3

msym

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 12:40 pm
suomynona wrote:
whoami wrote:
msym wrote:
Pandabeer wrote:
yeled shashi'im kokosh cake from bobov cook book

im so curious, how does this cake come out, whats it like?- it always catches my eye when im flipping through the cookbook?

It is absolutely YUMMY! I don't find kokosh cakes easy to make, but this one is worth the mess!

I was just looking at this recipe... does it really make 8 babkas?

yeh I was also just re-reading this recipe...is it 8 bobkas? also, how does it differ from any other babka recipe?

Pandabeer

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 1:29 pm
Most of the time I divide the dough into 10-12 and make kokosh cake - without the babke twist

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 1:34 pm
poelmamosh wrote:
ttbtbm wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
ttbtbm wrote:
Potato kugel from Kosher By Design
Spice and Spirit probably is overall my dirtiest cookbook. The binding is totally off.

I used to call it the purple cookbook, but since the cover is gone for some time now, I can't. LOL Don't get me started on the index. I think I have until D.

Ha ha! I also call it the purple cookbook! I actually had an extra brand new one sitting in my closet for many years (double engagement gift). I ended up givingi t to one of my sisters when she commented that she didn't know what the purple cookbook was. But as mine is s-l-o-w-l-y fading away I sometimes regret that I didn't pass along the used one! But whenever I have that thought I feel guilty for thinking that way!

And it's out of print, ladies Sad
My dirtiest page is the one-bowl chocolate cake in Classic Kosher Cooking (Sara Finkel). My purple cookbook was always too large to have on the counter with the mixer in my previous apartments. So it was somewhat protected.

shock

WHY?

dGirl

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 2:09 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
the page with the dirt recipe.

mud pie? LOL

Tila

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 1:46 pm
ALamplighter, I make those too!!!
Chicken pot pie in spice and spirt.

rovacat

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 1:50 pm
the ultimate chocolate cake, and yellow cake from kosher palate

mosma

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 12:02 am
the batter fried onion ring page in the purple cookbook (LOVE spice and spirit!)

also my laptop keyboard bec most of my recipes are on my computer and I'm too lazy to print them out so I usually just bring my laptop into my kitchen...bad bad bad!

mamaleh

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 12:19 am
yo'ma wrote:
Mine is where the chocolate cakes are in the spice and spirit. LOL

Me, too
eta make that me, four! (didn't read the whole thread till after I posted, seems this is a popular page LOL )

chizuk

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 4:28 am
yo'ma wrote:
Mine is where the chocolate cakes are in the spice and spirit. LOL
LOL me too

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 5:13 am
probably a competition btwn my challah recipe and other hand mix (I.e. cinammon buns) recipes.

intrigued

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 6:55 am
The Challah page.

shanie5

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 11:03 am
This thread reminds me of a story. A mother had to go away for a week and had her friend stay with her children. They were picky eaters, but when the mother came home the kids told her that all the meals were great.

She asked her friend "how did you get my kids to love what you made?"

The answer "I just went through your cookbooks and made the recipes from the dirtiest pages!"

shmaichul

Post Tue, Nov 29 2011, 2:42 pm
Cute story!! Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics