Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Whats the cheapest place to buy fruit in brooklyn?

Ilovehashem26

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 9:31 pm
I feel like Im always getting ripped off on fruits and veggies. They are so expensive everywhere I go, and we are big f&v eaters. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cheap place to get stuff- I dont mind buying in bulk if I need to.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 9:33 pm
Three guys from brooklyn (on ft hamilton and 65th)

Pinky

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 9:39 pm
Fabulous wrote:
Three guys from brooklyn (on ft hamilton and 65th)

my sister has a large family and she always shops there.....

Ilovehashem26

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 10:01 pm
ok ill try it thank you!

Grandmama

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 10:03 pm
Costco cannot be beat for quality of the items they carry, and they last the longest.
Rosner's also has some great buys sometimes.
There are more stores but you need to shop and compare what is worth while for your family

ysydmom

Post Tue, Jan 25 2011, 10:16 pm
For fruits and vegtables you have to make sure they are fresh and not about to go bad otherwise you loose all the benefits. This is according to the Rambam's diet.

BTW alot of fruit stores freeze the produce and take them out and defrost them and then sell them. You can tell by how wrinkly the fruit/vegtables look.

Make sure you are getting fresh it might be worth it to spend the extra few dollars.

That being said I also find that I spend alot on fruits and veggies I try to buy what's on sale as much as possible.

JustPlainMe

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:36 am
Third for Three Guys. Cheap and stuff always good quality.

bwaybabe85

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 10:30 am
Another vote for Costco. We buy apples, oranges and pears there. It takes us two months to finish them up and they don't go bad before we do. Their veggies also last longer than the ones from regular grocery stores.

runninglate

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 11:33 am
rossman farms in flatbush has good prices in general. I cant say for sure that theyre the cheapest but thdtre cheap. Located on m and east eighteen and on macdonald and o or p I forgot which one.

centurion

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:32 pm
Three guys has good deals but I find that circus (59th and fort hamilton) without sales is usually cheaper.

TRIMOM

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:37 pm
I enjoy shopping at King Tomato. their address is 1140 Mcdonald Ave which is across the street from Shop Rite. Their produce is fresh and well priced.

bubby

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:52 pm
3 guys AND costco!!

SorGold

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 8:53 pm
Another vote for King Tomato on McDonald, but, OP it really depends where you live to know how far its worth it for you to travel. Three guys is pretty far from me and we do fruit and veggie shopping at least once a week so its not practical. I find King tomato very reasonable and very decent.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 9:02 pm
RR6178 wrote:
rossman farms in flatbush has good prices in general. I cant say for sure that theyre the cheapest but thdtre cheap. Located on m and east eighteen and on macdonald and o or p I forgot which one.

I live near the Rossman Farms on O and McDonald, and they usually have the lowest prices near me. Cheap apples, heads of iceberg lettuce, onions, seasonal fruit, cabbages, potatoes and such in the "outside" area (behind the clear walls, but not in the building). Inside, they have organic and fancier items (bigger mangoes and pineapples, organic apples, etc.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries