Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Binging at the time of the month

amother

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:03 am
whenever I get my period, I start binging to no end. just now I ate a bowl of cereal followed by two donuts, followed by a chocoalte bar & a couple of pretzels.

How do you stop these cravings??

amother

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:06 am
uch, I also forgot I had 2 cinamon sticks
I think I'm gonna hurl

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:09 am
oh I really detest that, but I do it too... The other night I ate ice cream, oh it tasted so good but in the morning I regreted it!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:10 am
amother wrote:
whenever I get my period, I start binging to no end. just now I ate a bowl of cereal followed by two donuts, followed by a chocoalte bar & a couple of pretzels.

How do you stop these cravings??

Go on a walk, do something active and distracting.
Go shopping!

Flowerchild

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:11 am
amother you made feel so good just now, I thought I was a rare case. I also binge like crazy during that time, its like no matter what I eat I need more and more and more. ones I have my period I have no appetite none I cant even look at food.

so your not alone

willow

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:26 am
What are cinamon sticks?

mom23

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:31 am
You're definitely not alone. I just binge on one type of food and that is chocolate. As soon as I have a craving for a chocolate bar I know my period is just a day or two away.

Keeping yourself active and busy is probably one of the best way to avoid overeating. (Though, I do not speak those words from experience. I don't think I could do anything that would make that chocolate craving go away!)

But if it does happen, and you do binge, don't be too hard on yourself. It would be wonderful if we could always be in control of our bodies and our emotions, but we're not.

Just the fact that you are aware of what you're doing is a great first step. Let us know if anything works for you. And good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:36 am
thanks mom23.
willow, sorry I spelled it wrong: cinnamon stick.
It's a stick (tastes like a cake) & it's covered in cinnamon & honey. & it's absolutely delicious.

willow

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:37 am
That does sound good

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 03 2006, 11:40 am
I think the only smart thing to do is plan for them. If you crave chocolate, for example,have some low fat ices in the house.

If you’re going to go full-fat, cut down at other times of the month.

newmom

Post Tue, Jul 04 2006, 9:45 pm
keep those "bad things" out of the house!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 7:37 am
newmom wrote:
keep those "bad things" out of the house!!

thats what I do. I know that when I get my period, I very much crave chocolate so I just do not keep any in the house (except choco chips for cooking) so that when I get my period, if I really "nned" something, I will go to the makolet and buy something small.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise