Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Do make your kids wear seatbelts?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, Jul 28 2006, 4:37 am
I was the head counselor at a camp a number of years ago. I was about 19 and the bunk counselors were about 17. I had a really hard time with one of them..."If I said white, she said black" kind or thing. Anyway, as the head counselor I was the driver. One day she wouldn't buckle up. Everyone else was buckled and we were actually running late to a meeting with a really chashuv person in the community. I asked her to buckle up a few times really nicely. I said I wouldn't drive until everyone had seatbelts. She wouldn't. I asked her why. And she just responded, "Why do you care? It's not your life." Anyway, we were sitting in the car for about ten minutes. She just would not put on her seatbelt! Finally I asked her to get out of the car. She did and I started to drive away. Btw, we had been in the middle of nowhere, so she was really stuck! It's not like we were at the apartment and she could stay home and miss the meeting. Well, I started driving down the street. Finally I stopped the car, turned around and picked her up. She got in and put on her seatbelt but was so upset with me. I just couldn't believe how immature she had been!

chen

Post Fri, Jul 28 2006, 8:34 am
Marion wrote:

My grandfather, z'l, never buckled up. Except when I was the driver. We just wouldn't go anywhere otherwise. In fact, I wouldn't even start the motor if he wasn't buckled, and I told him (nicely, of course) that the same was true for everyone.

Good for you! Wish more people were like you and the assertive former camp counselor below.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics