Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How soon before mikva to do brazilian wax?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 10:04 am
Unless I chicken out, I plan on trying a brazilian wax before mikvah. I really don't know what to expect as I have never even done a bikini wax before. I don't want the area to be all irritated on mikvah night of course, but I do want to do it as close to mikvah night as I can, so my question is when should I schedule my appointment? Any other advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 10:11 am
Op, here-
Also, is it a bad idea to get a Brazilian wax if I don't think I will be a nidda for a while?

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 10:59 am
Waxing should be done atleast a day before (if I remember correctly) so that there is time for any left wax to come off.
personally I wouldn't do it more than a week bfore because it might start growing back a drop and irritating...I used to get it done about 3-4 days before.

ray family

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 11:06 am
I usually wax 1-2 days before

amother

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 11:47 am
Especially if it's your first time, I'd give it two days before, as sometimes it can get a little irritated just afterward. Halachically, you need to do it a day because there could be wax that stays on for a bit.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 11:54 am
Regardless of what area you would like to wax, it is generally recommended that you do so at least a day before mikva, to prevent the possibility of wax staying on your skin and forming a chatzitza.

If you have sensitive skin and aren't sure how you will react, you can definitely go a few days earlier to give your skin a chance to calm down if needed (although I don't think most ppl need more than 24 hrs to get back to normal).

I don't really understand your question regarding it being a bad idea.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 12:12 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:

I don't really understand your question regarding it being a bad idea.

I ask that because I am thinking that it usually starts to grow back probably itchy and stubbly and possibly a little uncomfortable for intimacy. Am I wrong? Is it weird to have relations when it starts to grow back? I would be happy to be wrong, and I am a little hopeful because you didn't understand my question.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 12:45 pm
After my first Brazilian I was sore for a few days. Give yourself 3 days. Normally 1 day should be fine, though.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 4:22 pm
OP here, Thanks all for the responses. Also, is there something I should do afterwards to make it less irritated? And when will it start to grow in? I know it is probably different with different people, but I am hoping to get a few responses here. Thanks.

newlywed19

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 6:31 pm
When it grows back it really isn't as intensely itchyas everyone thinks... Bc it is your 1st time give 3 days that way the area isnt sore,It itches a bit 2 weeks in but besdies for that it really isnt bad-nothing like shaving itches!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics