Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Light sauce

Sofia2

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 3:46 pm
I was wondering if anyone knew of a light, dairy sauce to go with spagetti - I'm sick of the standard marinara.
Thanks alot!

girliesmommy

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 3:51 pm
6 TBS flour
Oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups milk
Shredded cheese

Over low heat, mix the flour with the oil to form a thick paste.
Add the spices.
SLOWLY add the milk, a little bit at a time, constantly stirring. The mixture will get thinner but won't be watery.
When all the milk is mixed in, add shredded cheese until the desired consistency is achieved.

This is delicious! It tastes just like out of a Milchig restaurant - kind of like a Spaghetti Alfredo sauce.

Enjoy!

Last edited by girliesmommy on Mon, Jul 31 2006, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Mommy912

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 7:14 pm
Do you have an approximate amount of shredded cheese? Also, what kind? Mozzarella? Cheddar? Pizza?
Thanks, this sounds yummy!

girliesmommy

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 1:39 pm
I'm really not sure... maybe about 8 oz? I just put it in and mix till it's nice, thick and cheesy. I use whatever I have, cheddar, munster, or motzarella. I've never tried it yet with American cheese, although I have tons of that in my freezer so I might do soon!

RedVines

Post Thu, Jul 27 2006, 9:40 pm
girliesmommy, yum! I made the sauce tonight and I added parmesan, cottage cheese, and more salt! Yum! Thank you!

girliesmommy

Post Mon, Jul 31 2006, 11:35 am
I just checked the recipe (I had posted it without looking) and it's 1 1/2 tsp salt - not 1/2 like I wrote. I edited the original recipe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals