Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Yellow stains on stored baby stretchies?

pappymom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 12:37 pm
any ideas how to get out yellow stains on stretchies that were stored? Soaked them overnight in hot water with NatureBright but it didn't work :( is there hope?

shopaholic

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 3:57 pm
I've put away perfectly clean baby clothes & next time I take them out, some have yellow stains. I've just dumped them Sad

Rodent

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 5:34 pm
Not much else you can do. There are some like that every time I unpack the baby clothes. Bad ones I chuck. Mild ones I wash with a stain remover and if they come out still stained I chuck them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 6:34 pm
Soak them in a solution of Nature Bright dissolved in boiling hot water. Repeat if necessary.

bnzn2000

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 9:28 pm
I have had those stains and this is how I got rid of them - I made a paste from powdered detergent - I put the powder in a small plate and mix in water then I take this paste and dip the yellow spot into this paste and I leave it in there for about 24 hours and then wash it regularly. It usually comes out after first try.

pearswood12

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 9:47 pm
do you have napisan where you live. I've used it and the clothes look just like new. You can get colour safe napisan too.

emptynester

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 11:39 am
Nature Bright got out the yellow stains on my girls clothes who were 4 yrs apart. I suggest you dissolve the Nature Bright in hot water, add warm water and let it soak for 3-4 days. No scrubbing needed.

grin

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 12:16 pm
I just found out now, many years later, that these stains are caused by storing clothes in brown cardboard boxes - maybe it's worthwhile form now on to invest in plastic or such for storage? or at least to line the box with a plastic bag, etc.

good luck getting those stains out!

mom/2

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 12:24 pm
I don't think it has to do with the boxes u store it in. Mine are in plastic bins, and some have those yellow spots. Good to hear what I should do with them... I would've dumped them.

grin

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 12:27 pm
mom/2 wrote:
I don't think it has to do with the boxes u store it in. Mine are in plastic bins, and some have those yellow spots. Good to hear what I should do with them... I would've dumped them.
oh - and here I had been blaming myself. thanks for the info.

I'm not recommending specific products because I live in EY and I'm not familiar with what you many have available.

Marigold

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 12:31 pm
mom/2 wrote:

Yes. I've got those stains on clothes no matter what way I stored them. The only solution that worked for me was nature bright with boiling (not just hot) water. OP said she did that already but I would try it again. Also with time and repeated soaking in this manner, it may fade or disappear totally.

grin

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 10:20 pm
drying them outdoors in the sun also helps.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 10:24 pm
I had this problem. 2-3 day soak in oxyclean got them nearly perfect.

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 10:53 pm
I read a tip somewhere that really worked for me, using Ran - which is an Israeli product (It's a non-chlorine bleach powder. I'm sure there's an American alternative) You wet the garment, and then sprinkle Ran on the stain. Roll up the garment and leave it overnight, and then wash. It works like a dream. Just make sure not to leave it for too long - I once forgot to wash it right away and left if for a few days and the color of the outfit completely faded where I had sprinkled the Ran.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 7:17 am
I found that most came out after a normal wash - max 2.

Luvinglife

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 7:23 am
First of all, it has zilch to do with the method of storage. The protein
from spit-up (even if it was not visible or had been laundered already) oxidizes. As proof (albeit not scientific) I have seen that the yellow stains are mostly in the collar area.
What worked for me on most strechies was oxiclean powder for babies.

sped

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 11:29 am
I use oxygen or even better, hanging in the sun. That really works well!

estifr1

Post Fri, Feb 18 2011, 11:56 am
my neighbor in the country gave me this tip and it worked. I had five boys wear the same white bris outfit!!! use easy off the oven cleaner I suggest the one that comes w/the brush jsut dont leave it on too long and wear gloves. then wash as usual hatzlocha!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry