Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Does anyone know a free internet filter?

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 3:56 am
We have been using k9 but it is really not working for our computer it keeps on crashing. We don't want to leave our computer unfiltered and now it is. I am looking for something similar to k9 which you could customise and all the options it offers. I would be willing top pay for a program I can be sure it wont cause problems and then it would be a complete waste.. It seems that not every filter matches every computer.

Thanks

Hee Hee

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 12:42 pm
try k-9

intrigued

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 12:56 pm
I wrote that k9 is not working for us. It is causing our computer to crash constantly. There is no reason why it should it is brand new and has great memory. I have heard that k9 does this sometimes. I wish it didn't as I really liked the program. Does anyone know of a similar filter?

Simple1

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 2:19 pm
I've had no problems using K-9. But I have never tried any other filter, so I can't compare.

Kayza

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 2:56 pm
If you have WIndows Vista or 7 look into the Microsoft Security essentials and parental controls. It's free, I believe, and is well reviewed. I have had good experience with Norton On-line Safety. There is a free version, and a version that you pay for with some more features. I've heard nice things about Net-Nanny as well, but that one is not free, so start with the others first.

Ima2

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 10:51 am
if you are in Israel you can try internet rimon. we use them. there's also something called web chaver which really isn't a filter, but it sends all of your web browser history to your "chaver" which you designate so they see every website you see

intrigued

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 11:40 am
Kayza wrote:
If you have WIndows Vista or 7 look into the Microsoft Security essentials and parental controls. It's free, I believe, and is well reviewed. I have had good experience with Norton On-line Safety. There is a free version, and a version that you pay for with some more features. I've heard nice things about Net-Nanny as well, but that one is not free, so start with the others first.

Can you send me a link of it? I can't seem to find what you are referring to. I have windows 7. Thanks

intrigued

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 11:41 am
Ima2 wrote:
if you are in Israel you can try internet rimon. we use them. there's also something called web chaver which really isn't a filter, but it sends all of your web browser history to your "chaver" which you designate so they see every website you see

I live in Europe I don't think I could get it here. I am looking for something similar to k9 I am not interested in Chaver it wont work for us. Thanks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics