Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Reading Cookbooks
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:35 pm
Ooh, Dora just reminded me. I have this sisterhood cookbook from some temple from the sixties. So cute. They signed themselves (ex.) Mrs. Herman Cohen. And gotta love those gefilte fish molds. They were even popular in the seventies. I found some in a file of Pesach recipes my mother collected. Amazing thing is the Jewish weekly she cut some of them from printed gefilte fish molds not once but twice in the seventies.

culinaryk

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 2:57 am
I also love to read cookbooks especially the ones with great pictures. I just got a new cookbook called The Kosher Baker by Paula Shoyer (she was the cover recipe of kosher inspired magazine). I can not vouch for the recipes as I have not tried them (although I plan to), but the book is beautiful. It has nice4 amount of pictures and description and a Pesach section. It is a whole book dedicated to desserts (my favorite part of the meal) that are all pareve. I cant wait to sit down and read through this cookbook and make some of these mouthwatering treats!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics