Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How do you keep ur kids entertained on shabbos?! HELP!!
Previous  1  2

hila

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 7:47 am
We dont have that many days here in EY when we really cant go out - but when my kids were small we had 2 matresses, pillows and blankets . It is ia bit messy - but they loved jumping on the mattersses, making forts with the blankets, and a few chairs, and having parties inside.

And having friend over is always a distrction.

Pizza

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 9:20 am
all great ideas!
I especially liked the ones about special shabbos parties, and the 'fort'

when my kids were littler, we had a few shabbos solutions:
1. we had huge pillows on the couches that they took off and went 'horseback riding' on shabbos
2. we had special games saved only for shabbos
3. I always tried to think of something active for them to do, even if it was yukky outside, so they could get their energy out; running up and down the stairs 10 times, or jumping jacks, etc... then reward them with a special story that I would act out or sing (I.e. little bunny foo foo)
4. I learned special songs/games for shabbos, from other mommies who were morahs, or gannenot - we would sing them and act them out. that way, they felt that they had imma time, and it was shabbosdig (songs like shabbat shalom hey (and they have to jump up with both hands in the air and yell HEY at the right time) or the bakery shop song/game
5. by the age of 2-3 they were all able to help me set the table, to some extent, and LOVED doing it!

mirror

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 11:37 pm
Blow up 12 inch balloons BEFORE shabbos and let them play catch with it in the living room.

Ronit

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 11:55 pm
I have two little boys too, & I know what it's like. Did I mention that dh comes home from shul earliest 12:30 latest 2:30 (Not in his control- depends on the shul) .

Since I don't nap them in the afternoon (I want to keep them on regular schedule) I sometimes attempt to nap them in the am & I lie down too. Even if they just relax for a bit, it helps me keep my sanity.

Mevater

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 10:18 am
Iluvmykids wrote:
I find the Mitzva Race card game keeps my kids busy for hours, especially if I play with them. They are available with free shipping in the US from www.miztvarace.com, they are also available in Eichlers, hechts, judaica World and other stores. It is an investment you won't regret.

Maybe Im slow, but the instructions are complicated for me (an adult) to follow.
http://www.mitzvarace.com/how_to_play.html
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels