Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Would you travel on Tisha B'Av?

RedVines

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 10:45 am
My sil is engaged BH and the lchaim is motzei shabbos in CA. It will tak us 12 hours to get there. We were thinking about leaving durung the fast. The details are: 3 kids, one of them 4 months old....hmmm

we really want to be there for her! any suggestions how to make the car ride easier?

Mishie

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 11:17 am
How far of a drive is it?

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 11:21 am
DON'T DO IT UNTIL AFTER SHKIAH!!!! At least here in Israel, the day you are most likely to be in a fatal car crash is tisha bav. By the way, the day of the week you are most likely to die in a crash is shabbat!

Mishie

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 11:31 am
OY!
Don't scare her like that!!!

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 11:39 am
I'm sorry. I'm not trying to scare you, I just want you to know that it is not a good time for jews right now. If you can at all wait until after the fast, please do so.

RedVines

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 12:08 pm
12 Hours

RedVines

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 12:28 pm
We would rather travel during the day rather than through the night...safty reasons

MovinMom

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 1:04 pm
I'm also traveling today, if it's not for luxury especially a family simcha then y not.

RedVines

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 1:10 pm
thank you, how far are you going?

miriam

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 1:11 pm
Mazel Tov on her engagement. I think you should ask a Rov.

cindy324

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 3:40 pm
well, my dh's boss who happens to be a Bobov chassid, apparantly got a heter to travel to China on business:!: last year Tisha B'av! He was even telling everyone he only has to fast a couple hours because of crossing of the timezones

This year he did it again, except I think he left 2 days ago, while in the nine days. Personally , I don't get it. shock

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 3:59 pm
Don't forget you may be feeling dizzy or faint, thats probably why there are so many car accidents on tisha b'av is Israel.

We have a bar mitzva on shabbos, only a 3 hour drive but since my dh gets migraines when he fasts, we are going friday am.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note