Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Miriam Bas Leah Yelena, BDE

shosh

Post Fri, Mar 18 2011, 9:59 am
I'm sorry to write that Miriam bas Leah Yelena passed away last night.

My kids are all very upset for her daughters. She leaves seven kids, ba"h, the oldest of whom is twelve and the youngest under three. I'm happy for her dd that she managed to get to the bas mitzvah party two weeks ago. But even then I could see death looking out of her eyes. I can't describe what I felt when I saw her any better than that, but it was sad and unnerving.

Sad story ....

Tamiri

Post Fri, Mar 18 2011, 10:09 am
What is it with the month of Adar and all these tragedies? BDE.

mammele26

Post Fri, Mar 18 2011, 10:22 am
Bd"e. Crying

mammele26

Post Fri, Mar 18 2011, 10:23 am
Tamiri wrote:
What is it with the month of Adar and all these tragedies? BDE.

I was just thinking this.

Yocheved84

Post Fri, Mar 18 2011, 4:09 pm
Oy. BDE Sad

Dev80

Post Sat, Mar 19 2011, 6:49 pm
BDE Sad. From the posts about tehillim I didn't realize that the end was so close Sad. Hashem should give strength to this family!

mominlkwd

Post Sat, Mar 19 2011, 9:52 pm
Dev80 wrote:
BDE Sad. From the posts about tehillim I didn't realize that the end was so close Sad. Hashem should give strength to this family!

Yes I also didn't. I'm so sorry to hear this since I was davening for her from your first post.

shosh

Post Sun, Mar 20 2011, 2:41 am
She had been ill for some time (a few years) and every so often we'd be asked to daven for her recovery. Then we'd hear she was better and life would go on. She even had another child during that time. When I saw her at the bas mitzvah party (she sat one row in front of me and then we were all in the taxi together), I was horrified to see her deterioration. I'm not usually into "intuitions, vibes," etc, but I honestly felt that this was it. Hard to explain, but it was what looked out of her eyes. It really freaked me out.

The community has been great to this family. She has four or five little girls (I'm not actually sure), aged 12 downwards and 2 boys, aged 10 and 2,bli ayin hara. Shifts have been made for kids to go and play with the children during the shiva (which has gotten a bit complicated due to Shabbos, Purim, etc.) Pple have been babysitting, sending food to the family for a very long time. They were in shul yesterday but I think will start sitting either today or after Purim, I'm not too sure. My dds were asked to go round there yesterday. My 12 yr old described such a tragic scene. The oldest dd, who has been a rock all the way through this nightmare, is still very strong. The little ones don't understand. The 10 yr old boy told everyone that the death notices he saw are lies and his mother is having a very long sleep.

It's so sad. I told the oldest dd that she and her siblings can always come to us whenever they went, and my girls are going round there. Not much more I can do. But all of us have been feeling terribly sad for this family. Even though I hardly knew this lady really, seeing her like that was hard enough for me. Her close friends must be devastated. The mother was only 38 when she passed away.

hadasa

Post Sun, Mar 20 2011, 6:13 am
Oy, so sad. Baruch Dayan Emes. What connotations this happy holiday of Purim will now have for these children. May the Father of all orphans give them the strength and support they need.

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 21 2011, 2:15 am
baruch dayen emes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed