Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Pumps

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 2:51 pm
Any recommendations for pumps?
Last time I bought the Avent Isis- it was somewhat of a pain- my hand would be killing... but it was very comfortable otherwise. And I'm sure it takes much longer than electric (especially those that'll do both sides at once).
Do most people prefer manual or electric? One or Two sided?

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 2:54 pm
I tried for a short while the medela electric two sided one, personally I felt it wouldv'e been better the one sided

zuncompany

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 2:55 pm
I have a PIS. My hubby got it for me for our 1st ann cause I would cry every time I used the isis.

sara

micki

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 2:59 pm
I love the avent. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

I like that I control the suction strength and it only took 5 min. to pump a few ounces. plus its portable so I can pump on long car rides. (I then give the baby the bottle. this way I am still buckled, baby is eating and we don't have to stop!)

zuncompany

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 3:07 pm
how micki? Really... is there a secret? I can get about 6 oz with my pis but am lucky to get half an ounce from the isis.

I have heard that the larger you are though the harder the isis is to use. Don't know about your case though.

sara

Anny

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 3:17 pm
medela!!!!!!!

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 3:18 pm
micki- I was just searching on medela's pis and they have an adapter that plugs into the lighter in a car- so there would solve your portability issue.
man, these people think of everything!
(you can see it here: http://www.kidsurplus.com/bfmla.html )

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 3:19 pm
I also used a medela, but the small portable one because it was very temporary. first I tried out the manual one, then I got sick of it and got the electric one....

zuncompany

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 3:21 pm
the lighter plug rocks. I also have a battery pack for mine. The battery pack so far has the same batteries in it and I have pumped from them about 15 times. Not bad! I actually lost my outlet plug for a while and it wasn't a biggie! Smile

sara

Sunshine

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:08 pm
They have outlet plugs that you put into the cigaret lighter that you can then put all regular plugs in, not just ones to attatch to a pump. This can be used for many useful things. Freilich why would you recommend the 1 sided rather than the 2. The 2 sided are not that much more $ wise.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 5:32 pm
I also have a Medela Pump In Style (the original). I would recommend the one with the removable pump (mine isn't). I used it when I worked full time and was pumping about 3 times a day at work. It worked out great. I hate pumping but the PIS made it bearable.

davises88

Post Wed, Feb 02 2005, 6:42 pm
I used the Ameda Egnel Elite (a hospital-grade pump) for my first child. I went back to work and pumped until after 16 months.
This time I used the Ameda Egnel Purely Yours. It's a consumer-grade pump. I bought it new on the web for under $200. I tried the Medela Pump In Style at the hospital (we were having nursing problems, which B"H resolved). I didn't like the plastic cones. They pinched.
The Ameda Egnel cones are a little more comfortable. You can plug it into the wall or use it with batteries or with a car adapter. It's a double pump so you can chat on the phone, read, etc. It only weighs less than 2 lbs. Also it has an advantage that the plastic tubing is made in such a way that no fluids can back up into the pump. This can be a problem with Medela.
I just finished using my pump although the baby (19 months) still nurses when I'm home. It was SO TERRIFIC!!! I thoroughly recommend it to all nursing moms.
No, I don't work for the company. LOL But, I really loved using this pump...and hope I get to use it again soon.

supermom

Post Sun, Feb 13 2005, 4:38 am
medela and love it it is fast and easy

momofgirls

Post Mon, Aug 07 2006, 10:26 pm
I used Ameda Purely yours it was great, cheap only $150 & just as good as the Medala
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics