Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Update on Yerushalayim terror attack victims - please daven
1  2  Next

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 3:52 pm
Please pray for the following victims of yesterday’s Jerusalem bombing:
Odelia Nechama bat Michal - suffered serious head injuries and is in intensive care. Her life is still in danger.
Natan Daniel ben Shulamit - a 17-year-old student who is in serious condition. He suffered massive internal injuries and has had a number of internal organs removed.
Leah Bracha bat Shoshana Batya - is a 19-year-old seminary student. She suffered burns to her legs and arms as well as serious shock.
David Amoyal - David is the owner of the snack stand next to the bus stop. He told everyone to run away and then called the police, and was on the phone with them when the bomb exploded. He suffered injuries to his legs and feet and lower body. He is in moderate condition.
Sasson ben Shulamit - This is the second time Sasson has been injured in a terrorist attack in Jerusalem. He suffered lower body injuries and serious post-traumatic symptoms.
Ad Shapira - Ad is 18 years old and just about to complete high school. She suffered light orthopedic injuries and is in good condition in hospital.
Shilo ben Zahava Ofra - Shilo is 15 years old, and suffered burns and fractures to his legs and lower abdomen. He is sedated in intensive care. (8th grader from Netivot cheder)
Daniel ben Nurit - Daniel is 13 years old, and suffered lacerations and shrapnel injuries to his lower extremities, and is likely to be released from the hospital before Shabbat.
Elchanan Ovadia ben Alona - Elchanan is 14 years old, and suffered serious injuries to his feet. One ankle and three of his toes were crushed. He has had one operation and will require more surgery. He will likely be in the hospital at least 2-3 weeks. (8th grader from Netivot cheder)
Netanel ben Shlomit - Netanel is 18 years old and works as a security guard at the bus station. He was injured in the abdomen had surgery. He is now recuperating in the hospital.
Yisrael ben Dina - 8th grader from Netivot cheder

edited to include corrections and more info (changes underlined)

Last edited by shalhevet on Thu, Nov 17 2011, 5:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Isramom8

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:10 pm
Hashem yerachem!

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:13 pm
the woman who died seems to be a british tourist/student with a non Jewish sounding name. mary jane Gardner.

Odd how the BBC has not reported this. Rolling Eyes

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:27 pm
Raisin wrote:
the woman who died seems to be a british tourist/student with a non Jewish sounding name. mary jane Gardner.

Well, what kind of news would that be - stupid woman, going to a country full of Jews. The British with any sense left in '48 you know.

(BTW, I just read on a translators' list that she was a translator and she was spending time here to learn Hebrew. Doesn't sound like she was Jewish.)

Isramom8

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:32 pm
Shalhevet: Question from someone I emailed:

One other name I was given was Shaindel bas Raizel. Is she supposed to be on the list also? or maybe I have made a mistake?

and I was given Leah Bracha bas Shoshana Basya (the Basya isn't on your list)

Ruchel

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:34 pm
I think Shaindel is the young mother of 6?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 4:38 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
Shalhevet: Question from someone I emailed:

One other name I was given was Shaindel bas Raizel. Is she supposed to be on the list also? or maybe I have made a mistake?

I don't know - I am just passing on emails. The other info I posted on the other thread was what I heard on Radio Kol Chai today - they interviewed the menahel of the cheder, Nitey Reuven in Netivot, and he asked for tehillim for Shilo ben Zahava Ofra , so that I heard first hand (so that means this updated list has the wrong name, since that was the name for sure).

There must be more names. Unfortunately there are still a lot of people in hospital. Sad

Last edited by shalhevet on Fri, Mar 25 2011, 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total

sarahd

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:04 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Raisin wrote:

Well, what kind of news would that be - stupid woman, going to a country full of Jews. The British with any sense left in '48 you know.

(BTW, I just read on a translators' list that she was a translator and she was spending time here to learn Hebrew. Doesn't sound like she was Jewish.)

She wanted to learn Biblical Hebrew so as to be able to translate the Bible correctly. Her plan was to distribute it across Africa. I doubt she was Jewish.

boruchhashem

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:13 pm
Shaindel b-s Raizel is the young mother of 6 who suufered an aneurysm and had emergency c-section. Not in the bombing.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 5:20 pm
Someone sent me this:

Shaindel bat Raizel - Another seminary (post high school) girl learning in
Israel this year was operated on last night from the Jerusalem bombing
yesterday. This new name came from the Har Nof list.

Yisrael ben Dina

hadasa

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 6:08 pm
Thank you for posting. May Hashem send them all a Refuah Sheleima bekarov. I'm ashamed to say that I needed to read this list in order to have the slightest inkling of what "50 injured, mostly light to moderate condition" really means.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 6:10 pm
sarahd wrote:
shalhevet wrote:
Raisin wrote:

She wanted to learn Biblical Hebrew so as to be able to translate the Bible correctly. Her plan was to distribute it across Africa. I doubt she was Jewish.

I don't know why, but I thought she sounded like a missionary. (not in a bad way, I am sure she was a wonderful person)

shosh

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 7:06 pm
thanks for posting this. I had no idea of the individuals. It just brings it all home far more when every person has a name.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 7:47 pm
Isramom8 wrote:

Someone who knows her personally pmed me that this is the correct name (with the Basya).

pobody's nerfect

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 1:08 pm
Leah Bracha bas Shoshana Basya is correct. I know the family.

I read on a comment on yeshivaworldnews that Odelia Nechama bas Michal was nifteres. Does anyone know if this is true?

Chocoholic

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 1:37 pm
Op, can you make the names bold?

shalhevet

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 2:28 pm
Chocoholic wrote:
Op, can you make the names bold?

Good idea - will do.

May they all have a refua sheleima.

sarahd

Post Sat, Mar 26 2011, 5:00 pm
pobody's nerfect wrote:
Leah Bracha bas Shoshana Basya is correct. I know the family.

I read on a comment on yeshivaworldnews that Odelia Nechama bas Michal was nifteres. Does anyone know if this is true?

The person who wrote that comment retracted it later.

shalhevet

Post Thu, May 12 2011, 3:04 pm
Does anyone have updates? I am davenning for these names, and I think there are people here who know some of them directly.

shalhevet

Post Mon, Aug 22 2011, 3:43 am
I heard on Radio Kol Chai this morning that it is Odelia Nechama bat Michal's 15th birthday today and she is still unconscious Sad. The family has asked people to particularly daven for her today.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed