Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kollel couple monthly budget...
Previous  1  2

shalhevet

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 4:52 pm
lucky wrote:
Marion wrote:
arnona was another $110, .

What is arnona?

monthly payment to the municipality, according to the property you live in

shalhevet

Post Thu, Aug 03 2006, 4:54 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I did not know that there were many charedi yishuvim. I only have heard of beitar. can you tell me of others? I love hearing these things.

Kiryat Sefer, Brachfeld, Mattisyahu

ceo

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:03 pm
When we were engaged (5 years ago) and coming up with a financial plan, we estimated (based on what people were telling us): a couple without kids in Israel needs money for rent plus another $500 per month. This is being relatively frugal (no taxis, not spending $$ on expensive American food, etc), but still leaving $$ for an occasional trip for pizza, a raffle ticket, ). Again, that was 5 years ago, and I still found it to be true when we left E"Y two years ago, we were basically still living on that. Add another $100 for inflation

In terms of a young couple living outside of yerushalyim, if you are planning on staying in e'y long term, then it's a great idea to move to some place where you would atually be able to afford in the long run and put down roots. But if you are only staying in e'y for a few years, then it's probably kdai to bite the bullet and cut back in other ways to stay in j'lem.

We lived in a small charedi city outside of j'lem for a few months. As a woman w/out kids, I had a very hard time therem, as I didn't really have a social network.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics