Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Baby Swings

LikeMeDoes

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 10:23 am
Anyone bought a baby swing (in the US) recently?

Which one did you buy? Are you happy with it? How much did you pay?

Thanks!

MommyLuv

Post Mon, Jul 24 2006, 11:14 am
I got the fisher price aquarium swing as a gift, and it was awesome. my dd loved it. it's now being enjoyed by my friend's baby.

I think it was 90 dollars.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 07 2006, 10:39 pm
A friend of mine also recommend the Fisher Price Aquarium, and I saw it in Baby's R Us as one of the top two parent picks.

I have a question.

A different friend of mine recommended a Fisher Price wind-up swing because you can use it on shabbas. Also since it's a wind-up, it doesn't use batteries. You have to rewind it every 2 hours or so. And it doesn't have a mobile like the other swings do.

Just curious what you guys think of this. Do you think it's worth it to get a "shabbasdik" swing, even though it doesn't come with all the gizmos and gadgets of the other cooler swings?
Everyone seems to love the Fisher price Acquarium, but I'm just wondering why shomer shabbas parents don't care about not using the swing on shabbas?

melalyse

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:06 am
I have a battery run swing. If I really needed to use it on shabbos , I would push it myself. Also, I got 2 swings as gifts. 1- graco swing 2- fisher price aquarium travel swing. My son didn't want to know from the graco (too cramped). But he loved the fisher price.

ButterflyGarden

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:13 am
I got the graco wind up on e-bay. Everyone I know uses them and loves them. It was about $50 with shipping. If it calms your baby, I'd go for the wind up. Babies dont care for the gizmos and gadgets when the point of a swing is to calm them and hopefully even put them to sleep.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:15 am
Graco is great if you don';t want to spend a lot.

shoy18

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:20 am
I bought a fisher price aquarim swing, but I got the travel one, my baby lived in it, so it was good because we could take it everywhere we went and he always had the same comfortable space he was used too.

whatever

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 9:40 am
I got the graco one with batteries. I bless every moment of it. though I wish it was the wind up thing so we can use it on shobbos too.

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 10:24 am
I used the aquarium one on shabbos, I just couldnt turn it on, so I would give it a push every couple of minutes. it's still worth it for the other 6 days of the week.

tziviakayla

Post Tue, Aug 08 2006, 10:25 am
We bought the Fisher Price Aquarium travel swing for my son when he was born. Now my 2 month old daughter uses it. It's great. The music and lights are wonderful! One of the best features is being able to move it from room to room and from one floor to another. I also love that it doesn't take up much space. (We previously had a full-size graco for my other children) It isn't a permanent fixture in the living room. For my newborn, I just bought the Aquarium Bouncer seat, wich she loves, too.

When my 1st baby was born, my mom convinced me not to get a wind-up swing b/c when the swing stops, the baby would probably wake up! She said I much rather not be able to use it on Shabbos, than to have the baby constantly waking up from a nap!

Shimmysmom

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 10:21 am
[quote="amother"]A friend of mine also recommend the Fisher Price Aquarium, and I saw it in Baby's R Us as one of the top two parent picks.

A different friend of mine recommended a Fisher Price wind-up swing because you can use it on shabbas. Also since it's a wind-up, it doesn't use batteries. You have to rewind it every 2 hours or so. And it doesn't have a mobile like the other swings do.quote]

the wind up lasts 2 hours? I was under the impression that it lasts like 10 minutes?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 7:00 pm
we have an old wind-up ....I think it lasts 30 minutes. we got it 2nd (or 3rd??) hand. it recently broke and I thought you can't get wind-up swings anymore, so I was wondering if we shoudl try to fix it...but do they really still have theM?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 7:04 pm
Bracha, why do you specifically want wind-up, versus the battery kind?

My friend told me there's a fisher price wind up one that can be used on shabbas. I don't know the exact name. If you want me to find out the exact model, then let me know.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 7:07 pm
well, thanks. Yes, I want a wind up for shabbos purposes. However, I dont' need it at this point because my baby has outgrown in. However, I want to know if it's kdai to put away a broken wind-up or if I can buy another one in the future when I need one BE"H.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 09 2006, 7:12 pm
This friend is away on vacation now, but she'll be back after shabbas. I'll try to remember to ask her for the model, but if I don't remember then give another holler on this thread.

I'm amother cuz not publicizing my pregnancy yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics