Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Binah Bunch Purim Issue - still upset

irrationalrose

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:13 pm
Did anyone read the binah bunch purim issue? I still can't get over how offensive the "A look out our leaders" feature was. Anyone else see it and feel the same?

Bleemee

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:15 pm
I didn't take a look at it, maybe over this Shabbos I will. What bothered you, and why don't you write a serious letter to the editors? That's probably more l'toeles than writing about it here.

Liba

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 5:52 pm
It was a joke. Most jokes aren't all that funny imo.

The one you were offended over was it the one about the toddler genius rav who was traveling with a simple chazan to E"Y. During the trip the chazzan asked for a bracha and the rav agreed. The chazzan asked for a second voice so he could harmonize with himself and the rav said it was too hard, please ask for something else. The rav asked for a bracha that his children would clean up after themselves when they finished playing instead. The rav said, never mind, I will give you the second voice.

I know I butchered it, but was it that one?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 6:34 pm
how on earth is that offensive?

Liba

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 6:36 pm
That is why I am wondering if maybe it was another column that I missed.

bubby

Post Thu, Mar 31 2011, 11:09 pm
I don't get any of it. embarrassed

irrationalrose

Post Fri, Apr 01 2011, 3:52 pm
Liba wrote:
It was a joke. Most jokes aren't all that funny imo.

The one you were offended over was it the one about the toddler genius rav who was traveling with a simple chazan to E"Y. During the trip the chazzan asked for a bracha and the rav agreed. The chazzan asked for a second voice so he could harmonize with himself and the rav said it was too hard, please ask for something else. The rav asked for a bracha that his children would clean up after themselves when they finished playing instead. The rav said, never mind, I will give you the second voice.

I know I butchered it, but was it that one?

Yes, it was that one. It is an old joke. I just dind't understand why that had to send a whole shtetl off to the ovens as part of the joke - couldn't the chazan have rendered some other service to the "rav"?

It's true, there's no point in complaining here. I will write a letter to the editor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room