Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
I hate animals

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 3:28 pm
Because they die. Crying

We lost three this week.
Kalaya, one of our most social ratty mamas, from a quick but awful disease.
Shana's 21th baby (she has only one alive now Crying ).
And a little gal we adopted out and we found the email after shabbes that the rats she was with got nuts and killed her Exploding anger

Kalaya with her "pre-baby" shape Wink

Adopted out "fuzz hair" babe

Besiyata Dishmaya

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 3:55 pm
Sorry to hear losses. That's really upsetting.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 4:06 pm
Thank you. I feel bad for being sad over animals when the world is going so badly, but I can't help it.

freidasima

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 4:11 pm
Verachamov al kol ma'asov - and His kindness is on all his deeds (creations)

You are a kind person Ruchel, nothing wrong with feeling sad when you lose any living creature you are attached to. The only thing we have to remember is of course the hierarchy. People come before animals. Always. Some people seem to forget that. I've been unfortunately on the receiving end of that myself as you well know. But to be sad when an animal dies? Of course. It has a nefesh, an essence.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 4:46 pm
I agree. I wouldn't call a doctor on shabbes for an animal (though we may rush to the vet ER after LOL), but for a human we do.
For a human I'm much sadder. I was in shock for days when I heard my great uncle who I met three times died last year. I don't deal with all that well at all... I least though I don't cry anymore when we sell the litters.

Isramom8

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 5:22 pm
People become very attached to pets, and even to plants. It's more about the psychological health of people than the status of animals or plants.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 5:27 pm
TRUE even to plants. As a teen I had cactuses (cactii?) and once we put them in the garden, in summer, to get fresh air. And it started hailing Sad it killed them. My dad knew I would be SOOO upset so he got up in the night (the noise awokened him) and tried to save them but it was too late Sad
Oh well. They're all in Gan Eden now LOL

Chocoholic

Post Sat, Mar 12 2011, 7:57 pm
I'm sorry for your rats' loss

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 9:05 pm
Sad I would be sad too. Sorry you lost some fur babies. That second pic is adorable!!!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 10:16 am
Just to let you know that we lost the pink hairless guinea pig (Flamingo) and our biggest/oldest rat Zissel, unfortunately both before they had a litter Sad

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:59 pm
I remember how much you loved that gray one that's on your daughter's shoulder...

Can I insert a lighthearted joke here? I can ship you the one that's been shredding paper inside my breakfront Very Happy. j/k, I didnt catch it and hope I never see it!!!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 04 2011, 8:59 pm
I remember how much you loved that gray one that's on your daughter's shoulder...

Can I insert a lighthearted joke here? I can ship you the one that's been shredding paper inside my breakfront Very Happy. j/k, I didnt catch it and hope I never see it!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets