Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Easy and simple Pesach dessert

loveshoes

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 6:42 pm
Looking for an easy pesach dessert - either fruity dessert or sweet dessert besides for cake or cookies. I always have cake and cookies around so I would like something different.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 6:58 pm
We're enjoying compote, and fresh cubes of canteloupe, pineapple... with or without blended strawberry sauce.

Yamama

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:36 am
Just copying from where I'd posted this on another site earlier:

This year I shared this hitherto private recipe in the hopes that people will enjoy them, and help us make Pesach possible for Jews in Crimea. This and the Strawberry sorbet are both simple and simply delicious! Tax deductible, secure donations may be made at https://chabadcrimeaorg.com -- Donate
SERVING/YIELD
PREP TIME
10 min
COOK TIME
0 min
LEVEL
Easy
BLESSING
Shehakol
RECIPE

INGREDIENTS
6 eggs
½ cup sugar
1 seeds of a vanilla bean
2 cup oil
Place eggs, sugar and vanilla bean seeds in a blender.
Optionally you may add coffee powder, cocoa, coconut, melted chocolate, or toasted nuts for flavor.
Turn covered blender to high speed and remove the center part of the cover.
Very slowly, pour UP TO 2 cups of oil straight into the vortex (the hole in the center of the mixture.)
Stop when the vortex closes up. Thicker mixtures need less oil.
Add any nuts, chocolate pieces, meringue pieces, cookie pieces, etc.
Pour into a pan and freeze
Serve plain, on a meringe circle, on poached pears in wine sauce, or as an ice cream cake filling. You may top with various homemade sauces as well. Or serve over crepes filled with stewed fruits and toasted almonds.

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:47 am
Yamama, you posted a wrong link!!!!
The link for your site is chabadcrimea.org.

Kol Hakavod for the amazing work you must be doing over there. I don't even know where Crimea is!

Tamiri

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 4:50 am
ChossidMom wrote:
Yamama, you posted a wrong link!!!!
The link for your site is chabadcrimea.org.

Kol Hakavod for the amazing work you must be doing over there. I don't even know where Crimea is!
Former USSR area? Google it CM. Didn't you learn about chatzi ha'ee Carim in school? I know I did but I don't think I could pinpoint it at this time. Maybe above the Baltic countries?

elaela

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 7:55 am
boil 4 c water and 2,5 c sugar, add 1,5 c lemon juice (no pulp). freeze over night. crush in themorning, freeze again.

cheap, fast yummy.

serve in a lemon wih strawberry topping (bring frozen strawberries to boil with sugar, blend and cool).

ChossidMom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 8:13 am
Thank you, ariela! I've been looking for a good lemon ices recipe. I used to make the one from the Spice and Spirit but it came out yucky.
I'd like to try yours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics