Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cleaning

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:01 pm
I actually ended up having a little extra from financial aid...and money wise this month... I am thinking of hiring a maid, just to "treat" myself and have a "break" so to speak from cleaning..

I wanted to ask a friend for who to call.. but I am embarassed at my home, I mean I clean and clean but it's not perfect by any means...

MOM222

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:05 pm
You're embarrassed from the friend or the cleaner?

Last edited by MOM222 on Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMto2

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:05 pm
first off whos home is perfect I work and no my house is not perfect I think I can use cleaning help every day and they would not be bored. You are treating yourself to something that is a treat but sometimes a necessity I think that you have nothing to be ashamed of you are a hardworking mother.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:07 pm
Boy, do I know what you mean.

I once had someone clean for me about 2-3 weeks after Pesach, and she asked if I'd cleaned for Pesach Exploding anger . I had, of course, but chometz does not equal everything being super tidy.

Someone else told me that I really need her because my house is messy. Exploding anger (You just have to know that in Israel a lot of people have super tidy homes, and mine would just be normal somewhere else.)

Try and find someone nice as well as a good cleaner. Otherwise just decide you don't care.
She'll soon be gone and then you'll have a nice clean house without the work. Enjoy!

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:09 pm
MOM222 wrote:

guess I am more worried that if I get a referal from a person in the community that the cleaner will go back and say..

so in so's house is sooo... ack

shalhevet

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:10 pm
I think this belongs on the ridiculous questions people ask about shidduchim thread LOL

MOM222

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:17 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
MOM222 wrote:

guess I am more worried that if I get a referal from a person in the community that the cleaner will go back and say..

so in so's house is sooo... ack

For that I could just tell you to make sure the cleaner doesn't speak english or your friend spanish. LOL LOL

MOM222

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 3:21 pm
My grandmother would clean the house before the cleaner came. We always laughed about it.

Mommy3.5

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 8:01 pm
MOM222 wrote:
My grandmother would clean the house before the cleaner came. We always laughed about it.

I do that all the time! embarrassed

granolamom

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 8:12 pm
cleaning before the cleaning help comes has a practical aspect. if you pick up the toys, shoes, etc then your help can focus on the 'heavier' cleaning and get more done in the same time. if she has to deal with alot of clutter, she won't get much done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics