Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting tips

Tila

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:45 pm
For those of us who are trying ( regardless of how much or how little we have to lose), add tips that help you get through the day.

I get hungry in the later part of the day, like after dinner; so I popped hot air pop corn, and did not have to eat even half the bowl to feel full. No salt. Drink lots water!

queen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 2:47 pm
I second that Tila-

DRINK, DRINK, and DRINK more.... until you're basically rowing yourself around!

mother48

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 4:09 pm
I know it sounds logical, but a great 'tip' is don't deprive yourself of s/t if you go out, or really want s/t, eat just a taste. most of the time you'll find it to be enough, and you're less likely to binge later.

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 4:15 pm
for anyone that works, I know how it can be to sit at your desk and eat all day. especially here, we have vending machines and everyone eats a lot of junk on a daily basis. I used to fall prey to the machine until I started keeping cheerios and other healthy cereals in my drawer. I also make sure to pack extra fruit with me every day at work, so when I get really hungry I can have a bowl of cereal with fruit, which is healthy, and also extremely filling.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 4:24 pm
Mother48, I do the same thing, and I've found that it works wonders!

If I start to crave ice cream, I'll eat a spoonful and that's it.

I usually eat cottage cheese for breakfast, baked eggplant and zuchini for lunch w/ tomato sauce and cheese (or a burrito, veggie burger, broiled chicken breast), I may or may not supplement lunch with a salad, and for dinner I usually eat meat with a vegetable. Oftentimes I make a meat sauce that's full of veggies and I'll boil noodles in a tiny pot - that way I know that I won't overdo the noodles.

In general, I don't eat diet foods, I'm just careful to watch the portion size and stay away from snacking. The key (for me at least) is to eat a normal size lunch and dinner - if you don't eat enough, you'll get hungry and by snacking, you'll wind up overeating. At the same time, don't fool yourself and eat too much for your main meals. The best thing to do is to measure out the correct serving size, most people think that the serving size is larger than it really is. Just measure stuff out for a few days so you can learn how large your portions should be.

happymom

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 7:41 pm
I think the trick is to make sure you eat every 3-4 hours. what I do is eat breakfast, then 3 hours later lunch, 2 hours later a healthy snack, 3 hours later dinner, and two hours after that another healthy snback. its a healthy diet that I am on. I am loosing weight and I am NEVER hungry!

Tila

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 7:46 pm
uh..........whats s/t????

Blossom

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 1:25 am
Tila s/t is short for something.

Excercise I think is a major part of dieting. It shapes you, and makes you feel better emotionally too, not only physically.
I guess drinking lots of water.
And this is a big one for some "TAKE THE TIME FOR YOURSELF" (yes I'm shouting Twisted Evil ) you deserve to eat a good healthy breakfast, you deserve a good healthy salad during the day. You deserve the time to excercise "You owe it to yourself and you gotta make time for yourself." I have many more but then I'll be preaching stuff that I don't practice (Yet).

Chani

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 8:35 pm
This is the longest I've stuck with any diet in a long time (in the 4th week of weight watchers). I think a big help has been substituting a piece of fruit for a midafternoon snack and also giving up sodas (can't stand the diet stuff) except for one during shabbos lunch.

ektsm

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 4:31 pm
I think that eating small portions is the main factors contributing to weight loss. You can exercise your brains out but if you eat like a cow fugedaboutit.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 10:42 am
Chani, if you only eat diet yogurts and diet foods, you get used to the soda, too.

Try Coke with Lime or Fresca. Or Wild Cherry Pepsi, or the kind that's black cherry, vanilla, and cherry. It covers the diet taste.

But, you're better off with water, then you won't crave the sugary stuff so much.

withhumor

Post Tue, Aug 15 2006, 7:31 pm
I sit my a desk all day and therefore anything that comes near me is dangerous. If it’s baby carrots, I’ll eat the whole pack. If it’s twizzelrs, the same rule applies. So I learned, FORCE yourself to get up from that stupid desk and make yourself something to eat. If it takes too much time, buy a blender for $13. Blend up your fruit & a yogurt, and drink it up. It keeps me going for most of the day!

Shimmysmom

Post Wed, Aug 16 2006, 10:19 am
ditto on the exercise. if you ate too much force yourself to go on a power walk with the stroller. drop some housework, leave the car in the driveway and walk to do your errands.
honestly, the only way I can exercise now that im a mom is walking with the stroller so I really try to take advantage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise