Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Leftover Roast Chicken and Leftover Pot Roast Became...

MuppetLover

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:48 pm
SUB SANDWICHES! I took the frozen baguettes available from Costco..baked them for ten minutes

I took the leftover roast chicken and pulled the meat off the bone, put in a pot with teriyaki sauce, sugar, onions, and garlic (A LOT OF onions and garlic) and let it simmer for awhile

Then I took it out of the pot with a pair of tongs (you could use a slotted spoon) cut the baguette open and put the chicken inside with a bunch of cut up peppers....then I wrapped each sandwich in foil and put it in the oven at 200 degrees to keep warm.

I took the leftover pot roat from Shabbos and cut it up and put in another pot with bbq sauce (I used KC masterpiece, you can use whatever you got around or like) and did the same exact thing I did with the chicken...

Side dish was: leftover potato salad, corn on the cob, and a salad. From 5 lbs of chicken and around 3 lbs of beef I got 8 10 inch subs that were over stuffed. I fed my family of 4 and 3 bocherim....It was FANTASTIC!!!

canadamom

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:52 pm
sounds delicious!!! now if someone could come up with something good to do with leftover cholent, that would ease my guilty conscience (I basically throw it out every week)...

bigsis144

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:55 pm
leftover cholent -- don't know if it would gross you out, but my father says that with some Mexican spices and hot sauce, cholent isn't too different from a meat-and-bean burrito filling. So he wraps cholent up in a big tortilla on Sunday night.

MuppetLover

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 1:56 pm
I stopped making cholent bc of that reason. I make now instead: pot roast, dafina, or yapsik...I dont even like the dafina so much myself, but DH really does.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 2:31 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
leftover cholent -- don't know if it would gross you out, but my father says that with some Mexican spices and hot sauce, cholent isn't too different from a meat-and-bean burrito filling. So he wraps cholent up in a big tortilla on Sunday night.

My mom used to do this EVERY Sunday night - throw the cholent in the food proccessor, meat potatoes and all - add some Red Hot, blend up until fine. It also freezes very well. We always had Taco Night growing up. It's really good!

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 2:38 pm
canadamom wrote:
sounds delicious!!! now if someone could come up with something good to do with leftover cholent, that would ease my guilty conscience (I basically throw it out every week)...
I make a small cholent so that I don't have to worry about leftovers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics