Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ripped off by Avi Glatt!

Yehudis B

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 8:32 am
I want to tell you, don't shop at Avi Glatt, they ripped me off, and have ruined our Pesach!
I live in Minnesota. The only kosher grocery store and meat market in our state closed a few months ago leaving us Yidden to search other markets for kosher food. Most of the year I am able to find kosher food for my family by going to the local markets in my area. We finally got a Trader Joes in my area a few months ago so I didn't have to drive 100 miles each way to find kosher meats.
But it is Pesach, and there is almost nothing for the holiday in my area. Rather then take a day to drive 200 miles round trip I placed an order with Avi Glatt in New York for my Pesach food. The cost of overnight shipping was about the same as a tank of gas. I thought "fantastic, I can order what we need and I don't have to spend a day (not easy to do this time of year) driving all over the state looking for K for P food.

Well Avi Glatt took my money and never shipped me my food! Now my husband and I are going to have to drive hundreds of miles on Sunday to try to find K for P food. I have never been so angry!

I called Avi Glatt but only got a voice mail machine, I emailed Avi. They did not reply to my emails, they did not return my calls, and by the time I was finally able to get someone on the phone to listen to me last night the gal said "Sorry, they've all gone home for the holiday!"
GRRRRRR Twisted Evil I am sooooo angry!

Do not buy from Avi Glatt, they are incompetent and thieves.

Liba

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 8:38 am
I am so sorry. I hope it arrives today and there was just some miscommunication. Sad I can imagine you are incredibly stressed.

If you gave them a credit card it should be quite easy to get the charges reversed. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

Yehudis B

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 12:31 pm
Stressed beyond belief! Crying
As of this morning Fed ex still has only the shipping info, no package to ship. It was obviously never picked up, probably never even put together and put in boxes for shipping to begin with.
And now that they have all left for Shabbat and Pesach there is no chance of me getting it till after Pesach and what is the point of that?
I have no choice but dispute the bill with the credit card company. Which is a pain in the tuchas!
It's not like I don't already have a million things to take care of today Rolling Eyes

self-actualization

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 12:32 pm
I am so sorry to hear about your predicament.

A cursory web search of Avi Glatt turned up bad reviews - http://www.yelp.com/biz/avi-gl.....klyn.

In the future, you should NOT order from an unknown place, especially for your Pesach order!!!

My friends in NY use kosher.com for their food orders, but I am not sure if they ship out of state.

East Side Kosher Deli in Denver is famous for their shipments all over the US, and they are reliable.

Here's the link to their website - http://www.eastsidekosherdeli.com/

"We gladly ship groceries, meats and prepared meals, anywhere in the United States."

healthywoman

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 12:35 pm
haha that place is more money- kosher.com

Yehudis B

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 12:44 pm
Thanks "Self A", I'm afraid your link doesn't work, but no matter at this rate nothing someone has said about them wouldn't surprise me. I would have ordered form Kosher.com but like healthywoman said, they are more expensive and they didn't have a number of the things I needed, such as certain dairy items. I will keep the link to the deli in Denver though for the future.

Raisin

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 1:53 pm
I'm a little surprised no kosher stores or stores with kosher sections near you stock pesach food. Our kosher store does most of it's business this week. Even the most un religious people come and buy matza and macaroons. And people who are not usually strict about hechsherim on their food buy everything.

but next time you order something online check it out first. google avi glatt and you see a page with some bad reviews about them.

I hope you get your money back!

overthehill

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 1:58 pm
There is not one grocery store in brooklyn that is yet to be closed for Shabbos. No one is closing before 3-4 today at least. Perhaps they have caller ID. Why dont you get someone, perhaps in brooklyn to call for you?

yaeli83

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 2:48 pm
where in MN do you live? I am also from Minnesota. I guess you are not from Minneapolis or st paul because almost all of the major chains have a pretty large selection of pesach food, they are even going over board this year to make up for fishmans clousure.
Are you by chance a part of the chabad in rochester? Maybe there is someone coming to minneapolis that can pick up some things for you? I know of one family who lives there that is actually from here and they and/or their relatives go back and fourth.

if you need help getting things let me know if there is anything I can do.

if you live in the twin cities I can give you a large list of stores and what they carry to help you out a bit.

sorry for all the trouble you are going through!

MrsMortgage

Post Fri, Apr 15 2011, 5:34 pm
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. That sounds like a bizarre misunderstanding (I hope!!)
Definitely dispute the charge with your cc ASAP

as far as food is concerned... If you live in the twin cities then between cub, byerlys, & Costco you should be able to survive... Where would you be driving to?

amother

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:32 pm
Did you ever get your order? I hope everything worked out in the end

Last edited by amother on Thu, Dec 25 2014, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

raspberry tea

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 1:47 am
Coopers Super Valu in St Paul sells glatt meat and chalav yisrael dairy. Over in Minneapolis you can find the same at Byerly's.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics