Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Question about G-d and people in our lives

amother

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 3:03 pm
do you believe that every person we come into contact with in life is brought into our lives by Hashem? I don't mean our soulmates/families etc - but teachers, friends, neighbours, colleagues, other individuals we may befriend/serve or help, cousins etc?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 3:45 pm
Um...yes?

Hashem controls everything...

Am I missing something?

Isramom8

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 3:51 pm
I do. And there is a beautiful song that goes, "I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn, and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them, and we help them in return..." (Wicked).

ora_43

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 4:11 pm
Interesting question.

I think it can be that way, if we make it that way. Maybe Hashem coordinates every single thing for everyone, maybe people who have a minor rule to play in your life are only selected by divine intervention if you're the type that it will make a difference, or maybe it's the fact that you're the type who it makes a difference that turns something that could have been random into divine plan.

It seems to me that it must happen sometimes that Hashem brings two people to the same place because they both need to be in that place, not because they specifically need to meet each other. Or that one or both of them are making a choice to be there, even though it's not the ideal for them.

But there are many things I don't understand, and how it's possible for all people to be exactly where and with who they need to be may be one of them.

StrongIma

Post Tue, May 17 2011, 4:26 pm
ora_43 wrote:
But there are many things I don't understand, and how it's possible for all people to be exactly where and with who they need to be may be one of them.
Like the song says: "it's gotta be Hashem"

according to the baal shem tov, absolutely everything in your life has a purpose that concerns you, or for you to learn something form it to help you with your yiddisheikit. I also heard that if you see an aveira, it's signals a fault of your own (otherwise, you wouldn't take notice); if you see a virtue, it's a sign that you can be capable of the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics