Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Nachas from our children!

chabadnick

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 10:30 am
My sister got married and they asked my daughter to lead the birkat hamazon and she did .She read the entire thing in front of the entire wedding and was amazing...she is only 6 years almost 7 and this was incredible, her confidence and her clarity of all the words. Everyone was amazed but I was blown away...This is what nachas is!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 11:38 am
It's also what Ayin Horah is........or can be.

cindy324

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 12:16 pm
Quote:
It's also what Ayin Horah is........or can be.

Way to rain on someone's parade SaraG Confused

Chabadnick, you must be so proud! Lots of nachas, she sounds adorable KAH

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 1:19 pm
I never alllowed my kids to do these things. Nor march in the parades.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 2:37 pm
And....what if I do?

mom3boys

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 3:03 pm
I doubt that a wonderful child doing a beautiful job bentching at a family simcha would get an ayin hora from relatives and friends (in other words, people who care)

Chabadnick, Mazel Tov on your sister's wedding Very Happy

Tefila

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 4:08 pm
Chabadnick beautiful I too would be a happy mommy Kol Hakovod Wink

Crayon210

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 4:51 pm
chabadnick wrote:
My sister got married and they asked my daughter to lead the birkat hamazon and she did .She read the entire thing in front of the entire wedding and was amazing...she is only 6 years almost 7 and this was incredible, her confidence and her clarity of all the words. Everyone was amazed but I was blown away...This is what nachas is!

That's so precious. What a great opportunity to give your daughter!

Just one question: what does it mean that she led bentching? Did she read it out loud after the zimun took place? I was a little confused about that. Confused

Mazel tov on the wedding, and enjoy your maidele!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 8:35 pm
Quote:
I never alllowed my kids to do these things. Nor march in the parades

ok. thats u. why would u feel the need to mention this here?

btw thats precious!!!1

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 12 2006, 8:57 pm
I am having a lot of nachas from my grandson. Most mornings he wakes up at about 5:30 am to nurse and the upstairs neighbor wakes up and starts learning Torah. He gives the credit to my grandson. That is what I really call nachas!

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:40 am
Wow! what nachas!

cindy324

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 12:18 pm
Quote:
I am having a lot of nachas from my grandson. Most mornings he wakes up at about 5:30 am to nurse and the upstairs neighbor wakes up and starts learning Torah. He gives the credit to my grandson. That is what I really call nachas!

What a little tzaddik, at the ripe old age of 2-3(?) months

LOL LOL LOL

hisorerus

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 1:56 pm
I just have to comment on the upstairs neighbor. I'm very inspired by the fact that he took an annoying situation (baby crying in the middle of the night) and made it into a positive thing- instead of rolling over, groaning, and kvetching to his wife, he gets up and learns Torah. His mother should have real nachas also!

chabadnick

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:35 pm
all..I was encouraging..was for others to write what gives them nachas...we need to see the positives of our children and let them know too! She read the bentching and everyone followed her-along with DH!

micki

Post Thu, Jul 13 2006, 11:39 pm
thats really amazing- mazel tov!

RedVines

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:28 am
My Nachas...my 4 year lid askedme today if I was sad that the Romans destroyed the beis Hamikdash and I said yes...he said me too, I just really want moshiach to come....plus he is always asking my husband to learn torah with him. He is just so precious, we live in a very far from yiddishkiet city so we do all chinuch and he makes us very proud.

Nachisdoll

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 2:27 pm
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Chabadnik thats real nachas! I went to a friends wedding recently and her little brother in law and a few little cousins took turns singing I couldnt help but break out into a huge smile! the nachas the kids gave me...and im not even related! Only Simchas! ONly nachas! Only revealed good!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics