Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Has anyone tried the feingold diet for their child?

amother

Post Fri, Mar 11 2011, 10:59 am
Has anyone tried the feingold or elumination diet? what were the results?

I'm going to be trying it and need help!
does salt, garlic powder, onion powder etc have artificial dyes/preservatives?

is there a place that lists all the OK and not OK products?

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 9:16 pm
We do a modified version of it. The only way to get the approved feingold list is the buy their books. Which can be pricey. We just read the labels on EVERYTHING. And try to avoid ALL artificial ingredients but most of all we do not allow artificial colors.
My oldest daughter improved tremendously after cutting these chemicals out of her diet so when dd2 was born we didn't allow her to have them either. And the few times that we allowed her to have them we could see the difference.
We have not cut out salicylates or natural foods.

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Mar 13 2011, 9:17 pm
BTW you can PM me if you have any questions.

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 11:03 pm
We did finegold for awhile. I found it helped while he was in a high teacher student ratio, special ed class, but was not foolproof. And it wasn't going to work for my son in a reg. size regular ed classroom.

We joined the finegold assoc. got their books and web support bulletin, it was very helpful. We also lived in Brooklyn then and I did alot of research on the bakeries, cholov yisroel brands etc. to find ones that were good on the diet. If you are intersted I can try to post what I researched.

I still have the books and information they sent me. If you are interested you can PM me and I can try to get it to you.

Good Luck!!

lillyislaughing

Post Wed, May 18 2011, 3:12 pm
the finegold diet was mentioned on tv, back in the late '70's on the phil donahue show.. my mother was watching and well, that was the end of any orange juice, strawberries, or all the foods I loved for a few years.

as an adult now, I will tell you, foods that are staples in israel are not allowed on the diet.. things like eggplant, any bellpeppers... red, green, yellow..ect... no cucumber skins... no orange juices or oranges.. grapefruits.. tomatos.. no artificial stuff... colours, flavors attitives.

tomatoes to this day, fresh ones, can really get to me! I use more canned paste ... at one point, I was cooking for a job, and tomatoes were used for lunch and dinner by the mound full! after a few weeks, everything was irritating me... as in I'd be annoyed... then I thought about it.. and began working with gloves and not touching the tomatoes and it's juices ... and suddenly, I felt better.

I'm not an organic nut! I go to the docs, take meds... ect... however, I do very much believe that the finegold diet as well as a gluten free diet.. and the rest of them, there is something to be said for all of that.

as for the finegold diet, just remember, if one member of the family is on it, it's best to keep the entire family on it.... I'm saying this from my own bones...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)