Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bridal showar ideas

RedVines

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 10:01 pm
For my SIL...any games...what the buffet table should look like...what should we serve?

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

shoy18

Post Mon, Aug 21 2006, 10:06 pm
pick a theme everything will be easier once you do that. Like maybe Mini's make all the food mini, and then make a mini video from her Chosson, and a mini hat.... have some mini presents, but dont make all the presents mini Wink

Or another theme, themes make things easier, maybe find somethign she likes and go with that

MMEC123

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 9:24 am
I know this is not what you're asking but as a side point about bridal showers- if you can get away with doing it where you collect money from everyone and pool the money to buy things she needs/wants, she'll end up with better stuff. At my shower, each person gave their own gift and I got so many doubles and so many useless things I didn't want or need (even though I did register) and most people didn't even give gift receipts so I got stuck with it all!

Flowerchild

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 9:51 am
I agree with shoy make a theme, also it is a good idea to collect money from everyone and buy her things she needs, maybe she has a registry if she does its best to use that to buy her gifts. if you are doing it in someones house then decorate the room according to the theme you chose. have shower favors for each guest. you can set up a small corner in the room with all the gifts for the bride get her a special chair where she can sit and open gifts. you can ask of each guest to think of something nice to say to the bride and write in on nice paper and when they come they should drop it into a nice box and she can take it home and read it later. the games you can play is who am I, poetry, hot potato etc.

frummom

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 9:59 am
you can video someone asking the chosson questions (favorite food, size shirt, whatever funny or personal stuff) - then pause the video and let the kallah answer, then play the video again to see what he said. my daughter told me about this one, and said it was really funny - but it works best if the chosson has a good sense of humor!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 10:35 am
I personally hate when events are so "organized"; let people eat, relax, and enjoy themselves!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 10:44 am
I agree w/ Sara, who cares about themes and all that stuff (I don't). Just have some nice salads, fruit, and some type of main dish like bagels or lasagna.

While people are eating, you can play some overused game (ie., the ever famous newlywed game), have everyone write words of wisdom and/or their favorite memory of the kallah on a notecard (yawn), and then (finally), open the gifts.

Last edited by DefyGravity on Tue, Aug 22 2006, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

JMto2

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 11:14 am
My cousin before she got married her friends did a bridal shower for her so we were invited and went it was really cute we all had to bring a recipe and they mailed us the cards to write it on so she can use it and think of everyone when using there recipe. Then the kallah had signed up to bed bath and beyond and we all gave $10 towards a gift but we did not have to bring it and they had a graman to figure out each thing that was wrapped. then what they did they recorded messages for her with wishing her mazel and all she had to guess who it was for example old teachers her brother from israel etc..
They served dairy it was light and good they did a soup and then had a few hot dishes cheesecake etc.. Good luck

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 2:01 pm
present bingo- print out a blank bingo board. each guest gets one. tell them to write down a gift, that they think the kallah will get, in each box. as the kallah opens the gifts, they cross off what they had written down. then whoever crosses off a completely row first "wins"

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 22 2006, 9:09 pm
You women are great! Thanks, I will definitly use some of the game ideas, as for the theme- I am just going to go to Party city in the wedding aisle and make the table really girly...

THe party is from 2-4, so I am thinking no MAIN dish really needs to be served...fruit platter, vege dip platter, cakes and cookies, crackers and cheese...am I forgetting anything?

Post Wed, Aug 23 2006, 1:20 pm
don't forget drinks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics