Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Kids pictuers

mother of 2 princess's

Post Sat, Feb 05 2005, 2:22 pm
I just wondered what you guys do with all the pictures your kids birng home from school

proudmom

Post Sat, Feb 05 2005, 7:15 pm
The ones that have a picture of a rebbe on it I hang up and the other ones I throw out.

zuncompany

Post Sat, Feb 05 2005, 8:03 pm
a friend of mine covers her garage with them like wallpaper. Another picks the best ones and makes placemats by laminating them.

sara

Tefila

Post Sat, Feb 05 2005, 8:45 pm
Zun our playroom, kitchen walls and garage is plastered with their pics B"H Very Happy

micki

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 8:23 am
we have art work all over. my kids were hanging up oictures in the hallway didning room- it looked like a kids classroom. so I told the kids that this is a house not a school for kids. and my oldest say- but it is mommy and you are the teacher!
so we compromised that picures only in the playroom (if they remember) and they each have a savings drawer that they can keep what tey want in there. when its full they have to go thru to make room for new things.

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Feb 06 2005, 12:25 pm
at the end of each year we take the projects down to make room for new projects. I used to save them, but now I take digital pics of them, so we can still look at them. But I have to be very careful & throw out the originals so that the kids don't see.

Chanie

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 1:19 pm
I had this discussion with my DH. I thought it was nice to save the stuff from school. my DH thought it was just saving garbage..that after a few years of school and a few kids there will be too much.
This high school girl on my block was looking at my sons arts and crafts and mentioned how much she enjoys looking at hers from when she was in younger grades. I asked how her mother kept it all (there are 6 of them in the family) she said her mother has a file cabinet that she has one file for each child.. and it she keeps all their cute art and certificates, etc. from when they were young. So it is neat, out of the way, yet really accessible
I'm considering doing that too, after I take down all the pictures when I need room for more. Right now the wall of my sons room is the art gallery.

zuncompany

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 2:47 pm
Also you can use them as wrapping paper for gifts to family. Or grandparents always love that stuff. When my grandparents passed away we found drawers and drawers of our old stuff from growing up. My grandmother even somehow had my old teeth and all my report cards!

sara

BasHashem

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 3:05 pm
I used to have a box for each child, but some how with all my moving and the age gaps I am not as organized as I was. My ow 4 yrols has a wonderful morah who makes lots of games, so we have a large tide box and we keep all the games.

I am thinking that with my baby he is 15 months I will again try and keep his stuff, but now I'll have the help of my other kids,,, finally !!!

for so many years I had childern around the same ages so they never were really able to help with siblings, but now with the new generation of babies my older kids are a wonderful help!! yeah!!!

Tefila

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 3:11 pm
Atchually I like the idea of taking pics of their masterpeices . This way they can see later on in ife what they made. And you don't need to clutter the house. Maybe I should follow this advice too Very Happy H0owever I want one my home to look like a home and not a museum or show home just a neat clean home. One room however I love to make museum like, is my dining room. Rolling Eyes Completley side tracked but hey I am amother

Chanie

Post Wed, Feb 16 2005, 9:30 pm
[quote="freilich"] H0owever I want one my home to look like a home and not a museum or show home just a neat clean home.[/quote]

One thing I hate is clutter... and I'm definitely not a harder...but what makes a home more a home then the kids....my son is so proud of his work, he shows it to anyone who will look, to give him a few feet of wall in his bedroom to hang up some arts & crafts definitely adds to the beauty. (at least in my opinion)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics