Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Is Swagbucks.com a waste of time?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 9:36 pm
to amother: you can get your account shut down if u open more than one account even if u are using different emails.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 9:36 pm
to amother: you can get your account shut down if u open more than one account even if u are using different emails.

avimom

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 9:55 pm
I do one or two searches on their site a day sometimes enter swagcodes that I find on slickdeals. I make between five and ten dollars a month which is worth it to me when I'm spending 30 seconds a day... I like to get "extras" on amazon with my bucks..,

newmother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 10:07 pm
mama bear- how did you get swagbucks to work with chrome? Dh tried and couldn't get the toolbar working so we basically stopped using swagbucks since chrome works faster on our computer

YALT

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 11:41 am
newmother wrote:
mama bear- how did you get swagbucks to work with chrome? Dh tried and couldn't get the toolbar working so we basically stopped using swagbucks since chrome works faster on our computer

the toolbar doesn't work on chrome. only the search engine.
by the toolbar there's a way to edit the site that google chrome uses for your searches. This is what you can change.

I used to get atleast 1 point daily just for having the toolbar. Now that I have chrome I automatically make 30 bucks less per month.
I don't do any video watching,.... just on searches (that I'm doing anyways) and sometimes I'll go to the blog and see if there's anything there. then I'll do the poll as well. I used to have a swidget on facebook, but it stopped working.

Today I got 21 for a search.

If anyone plans to sign up, I'm looking for friends to sign up under me. You can PM me and I'll give you the link.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Dec 28 2010, 2:33 pm
when you go to 'toolbar' it will explain how to override google as the default search engine. You cant download the toolbar, but you can use your search bar on top of your page to get swagbucks. that's what I've been doing.

newmother

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 11:18 am
Thanks YALT and mama bear. I appreciate it!

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 10:26 am
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread, I signed up about a month ago and just made my first $5 via amazon gift card!

MeadowsLane

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 1:35 pm
I signed up to Swagbucks in April and have already redeemed $40 in Amazon gift cards. If anyone is thinking of singing up. Please use my link (I think I may get some credit for this). TIA!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/artichoke1980

Alef Bais

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 1:49 pm
Wow, Meadowslane, how did you do that? I signed up around January and still didn't get that much!

gp2.0

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 2:23 pm
You need to be very involved, have a lot of patience, and use their search engine as well as take their polls, surveys etc. I earned $25 in amazon gift cards.

However, lately I stopped using it as I have no patience. I prefer google search and was just using swagbucks for searches where the results were popular and not so specific.

You can also sign up for free trials - say Netflix, earns 900 swagbucks, equal to $10 worth of amazon gift cards. You can cancel free trials within 30 days, but not within the first three days.

MeadowsLane

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 4:15 pm
Alef Bais wrote:
Wow, Meadowslane, how did you do that? I signed up around January and still didn't get that much!

I did take advantage of some offers. For example, my dh needed business cards. there was an offer for 500 SB from Vistaprint and it cost $10 (it was like getting a $5 rebate). Also did netflix offer...

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 8:21 pm
GPS, at this point I only use it as my search engine. I still get 1 or 2 gift cards a month. it's free, why not?

yummydd

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 8:29 pm
I have gotten at least $100 worth of amazon gift cards from swagbucks, and its not my only search engine I use.
When I open my homepage I have two tabs open, google and swagbucks and for things that I dont have a store name for I use google as swagbucks isnt the greatest search engine but when you need something and have a web address or store name you may as well earn some bucks.

mominisrael2

Post Fri, Jun 17 2011, 10:31 am
Does this not work in Israel? I do an enormous amount of web searches for my business marketing, but haven't gotten any "wins" yet Scratching Head

tzemerupishtim

Post Tue, Jul 19 2011, 3:24 pm
Marion wrote:
zipporah wrote:
YESHASettler wrote:
I can't really use it as it should be used because I live in Israel and it won't let me do a lot of things.

Do you still get points? I used it for 2 weeks and never got any points from searching. And I have to use searches as part of my job, so I do a whole bunch. Sad

Not to mention their Terms of Service include being RESIDENT in the United States!

They let me join just not for surveys. I live in Israel too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics