Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Toddler waking for hours at night.

MamO3

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 9:03 am
My 19 mnth ds is waking every night from about 1am. He stays awake for about 3 hours. I put him down to sleep at 7pm. He usually has a nap in from 11am - 1pm. He started doing this a few months ago. He just lies in bed talking or sucking on his empty bottle. He uses it as a dummy so I don't bother refilling because he's happy the way it is. It's just that I feel so sorry for him lying there for so long, unable to fall back asleep.
I've tried giving him a bottle but that makes him more lively and then he thinks it's daytime.
Any suggestions?

hop613

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 9:08 am
Is it always almost exactly 1am when he wakes up? you could try setting an alarm for yourself for a little before 1 and then going into his room to see if there is anything waking him up. If he's just waking on his own, he might be really used to it by now. You could try waking him up a little before he usually wakes up, and then hopefully he'll fall back to sleep on his own and you can break the cycle.

sugarplum

Post Sun, Jun 19 2011, 12:29 pm
hop613 wrote:
Is it always almost exactly 1am when he wakes up? you could try setting an alarm for yourself for a little before 1 and then going into his room to see if there is anything waking him up. If he's just waking on his own, he might be really used to it by now. You could try waking him up a little before he usually wakes up, and then hopefully he'll fall back to sleep on his own and you can break the cycle.
Thumbs Up try half wking him just move him so he is not fully up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics