Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Every 20 minutes!

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 12:11 am
I am BH expecting my first and put on significant weight. Although my dr is not concerned, I am. I was always very healthy and since this pregnancy have not been able to stomach most of my healthy foods. BH I seem to be able to eat more whole wheat and some protein (feta cheese, yogurt, peanut butter, farmer cheese, tuna on occasion) but it's mostly been carbs and white ones too Sad I am really trying here and I don't want to look like a horse but some of this is out of my control.
Enter new stage- I am hungry every 20 minutes. No joke. It's like a bottomless pit. I am not exaggerating one bit. I can hold off for a bit longer but around 20 minutes after my last meal its as if I hadn't eaten at all.
Since learning this, I try to eat smaller meals because the larger ones don't keep me full any longer.
Any suggestions of what I can eat? Is this going to pass?

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:34 am
Small snacks, yes. You probably find that while you need to reach for food often, it doesn't take much to quiet your stomach for another few minutes. So just keep a bunch of pretzels/crackers in your bag and nibble on one as needed instead of serving up a whole snack/meal because you feel so hungry.

And I know I can't speak for everyone, but personally I did not feel very well while pregnant and I ate whatever I felt I had to (mainly white carbs, yes) and somehow it all turned out OK. I don't think I had any harder time than anyone else getting back to normal after the baby (though I still need to work on reestablishing better eating habits and self control. I don't NEED the constant carb snacks anymore!)

To me, it just sounds like you're pregnant. But maybe it couldn't hurt to get your thyroid and stuff checked out just in case.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:40 am
Are you drinking enough?

menucha

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:47 am
DrMom wrote:
Are you drinking enough?

Sometimes being thirsty can be mistaken for hunger.

Another suggestion would be to drop all the white from your diet. The whole grains will keep you fuller longer.

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:52 am
Have you tried a big tomato-cucumber salad with a little feta cheese and a little dressing for a snack?

menucha

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:53 am
Isramom8 wrote:
Have you tried a big tomato-cucumber salad with a little feta cheese and a little dressing for a snack?

Sounds yum! I want to try that! Smile

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:07 am
menucha wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:

It's been my lunch every day for 8 weeks, and I'm losing weight.

menucha

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:11 am
Isramom8 wrote:
menucha wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:

It's been my lunch every day for 8 weeks, and I'm losing weight.

That's great!!

How are you dressing it?

Isramom8

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 2:15 am
With maximum 1 Tbs. regular Thousand Island dressing.
I bought the lowfat version too, but I don't like the taste.
The lowfat garlic dressing isn't bad.
On Shabbos I dress the family's salads with a little olive oil, a dash of wine vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, salt, black pepper and granulated garlic.

The feta I buy is lowfat.

SS6099

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 10:04 am
Quick note- one should NOT eat feta cheese when pregnant since it's unpasturized...

shnitzel

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 10:08 am
ds6099 wrote:
Quick note- one should NOT eat feta cheese when pregnant since it's unpasturized...

Not true in America. It is extremely difficult to find unpasteurized cheese in the US and Canada and it is illegal in many places most feta says on the package that it is made with pasteurized milk.

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 11:09 am
I actually make myself a salad but it gets annoying to do all that work and be hungry again in 20 minutes.
I can only stomach whole grain bread everything else needs to be white.
Today I will write down what I ate.
Should I be having snack size meals too? Like lunch and supper?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 1:25 pm
I find that when I don't have time/energy/patience for making a salad... a box of grape tomatoes, a bag of baby carrots, a bag of lettuce... is a great friend. Just grab, and much.
One snack of grape tomatoes. One of carrots. Etc.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 3:10 pm
ds6099 wrote:

Oh no! I went out and bought and ate Feta cheese tonight!! (not op but preggers like op!) I'm in EY, I never heard this before about feta.

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 3:35 pm
weight watchers allowed unlimited fruits and veggies I cut up a watermelon and just keep eating till it's gone Smile

gold21

Post Tue, Jul 05 2011, 8:30 pm
I am very hungry when I am pregnant or nursing.

during pregnancy, I am particularly hungry in the 6th, 7th, and 8th months.

with my first, in the 6th month, I frequently woke up in middle of the night, unable to sleep due to hunger pangs, and I would cook up a pot of pasta and gobble it up until my stomach stopped aching.

I think you need to follow what your body tells you to do.

if you are hungry, EAT. avoid junky food, eat good filling food.

yup, every 20 min is normal during pregnancy/ nursing.

B'shaah Tovah and feel good!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise