Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Strange stories add on!!

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 4:20 am
Listen to this one I found it in the israeli newspaper. A carpenter while on the job felt some blood in his tooth. He didn't think of it as anything until he came home that night an complained about a bad toothache that gave him a unbearable headache. His wife gave him a painkiller and he went to sleep still in pain. As a dentist she took her husband the next day to where she worked and took an ex-ray of his tooth. what she saw almost made her pass out. she saw a nail the size of ten inchs in his tooth. they did an emergancy surgery and took it out they said it just missed his brain. Strange no? how didn't he feel going through him. They showed a picture of the nail and I thought I was going to pass out.
I thought about it and I figured it is possible check out my next story...

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 4:27 am
My brother in law a couple of years ago when he was about eight years old he had very bad breathing problems. They rushed to the hospital which they put him on a resparatory to help him breath. They took ex-rays of his lungs and all but didn't see anything that would stop his breathing in such a short amount of time. They ruled it as a possible bronchitis and put him on antiboitics for a couple of days. But his breathing became worse by the days. They took more ex-rays and still didn't find anything. It just happen to be that an expert was on duty one day and they asked him to come and see my brother in law for they couldn't understand what was happening with him. The doctor took a small camera and went down his throat. They found in his lungs a plastic wishbone shape stuck inside. They took it out and his breathing went back to normal. They asked him if he swallowed it or of that sort. and he said he didn't do such a thing. he said that it actually came from someones fish tank that he was looking into it. The doctor said he must of breathed it in. strange no/ something that big he couldn't feel it going through his nose? strange things are defintely happening.

Pearl

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 6:26 am
supermother, amazing stories!
my daughter told me of the nail story, she heard it at school - made me feel sick to my stomach!

gryp

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 9:19 am
I just heard this morning that a guy recently had a stomachache so he went to the hospital and the pulled out his toothbrush from 20 years ago! he didnt know he swallowed it. I wonder if it takes 20 years to digest a tootbrush??? or maybe this story is nonsense, but I heard it on the news Confused

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 4:13 pm
strange strange and strange again!! Confused

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 4:14 pm
Many years ago okay maybe three or four, there was a boy that entered his garage only to have a wrench fall onto his head. It got stuck they rushed him to the hospital were they removed it successfully and no damage to the brain at all.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 4:15 pm
Maybe thats what the news has to do to keep everyone interested! Soon there will be a competition mark my words, on the weirdest true story ever!!!!!!!!

Tefila

Post Thu, Jan 20 2005, 9:38 pm
A Friend sent this to me
Seattle man takes home $1.75 million with multiple winning tickets
MSNBC ET Jan 2005 SEATTLE -

Archie Herring of Seattle just missed winning this week’s huge $130 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot, correctly guessing five of the six numbers drawn but missing the all-important Mega Ball number.

He is crying all the way to the bank.

Herring, 68, played his five-number combination on 10 separate tickets, each one good for a second prize of $175,000, or a total of $1.75 million.

Herring brought his winning tickets into the Washington Lottery’s Seattle office Wednesday and walked away with a check of $1,312,500 after taxes.

"I would have liked to have won the big jackpot, but I’m very happy about this," Herring said, according to a statement issued by the lottery.

Herring, a longtime lottery player, has a system that finally paid off this week. Herring explained that he tracks the twice-weekly Mega Millions drawings in an effort to figure out what combination of numbers is likely to come up next.

Once he settles on a five-number combination, he generally plays it five times, each with a different Mega Ball number. This week he played his combination 10 times because of the unusually large jackpot. He correctly guessed the numbers 10, 23, 28, 39 and 51 but missed the Mega Ball number 5.

System or no system, the odds against guessing five numbers correctly are more than 2.6 million to 1. The odds against guessing five numbers plus the Mega Ball are 135 million to 1.

“We checked with lottery officials in other states, and nobody has ever had it played that way and hit like that,” said Lee Lee, a spokeswoman for the Washington Lottery

Last edited by Tefila on Sat, Jan 22 2005, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rivka

Post Sat, Jan 22 2005, 5:34 pm
Weird. I find the wishbone story and the nail story strange...how can someone just breath in a pretty large platic thing up your nose or in your mouth unless you stuck your head right in and actually drank it in?
Secondly the 10inch nail is also weird. Maye they are weird things getting "misplaced".

supermom

Post Fri, Feb 18 2005, 3:43 am
I just saw it again a week or so ago on the news how can this keep happening!?!? someone took a nail out of his throat and he doesn't even know how it landed there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics