Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone have air conditioner to give away or sell?

reed

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 11:06 am
I'm looking for an air conditioner for an acquaintance whose a/c doesn't work. She's undergoing chemo, and finds it extremely difficult to move around on the days that are very hot and humid. If you have a unit that you're not using, or any other suggestions for an inexpensive a/c, please let me know.

(For full disclosure, this woman is not Jewish. But we asked our rav if we should help her out, and he said that it would be a Kiddush Hashem, so we are trying our best.)

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 07 2011, 7:12 pm
where do you live? my SIL in Brooklyn has an extra a/c that she would sell for $10

PM me if you are interested

Last edited by amother on Wed, Nov 15 2017, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dev80

Post Fri, Jul 08 2011, 4:51 am
Sears/Sears Hardware has a 5000 btu window air conditioner for about $100. For some reason I can't get on their website right now to post a link, but it's either frigidaire or kenmore and it got good reviews

reed

Post Fri, Jul 08 2011, 8:34 am
Dev80 wrote:
Sears/Sears Hardware has a 5000 btu window air conditioner for about $100. For some reason I can't get on their website right now to post a link, but it's either frigidaire or kenmore and it got good reviews
Thanks for that tip. I know I've seen cheap a/c's in the past, but I never know if they are good, and they're usually out of not-so-reliable stores. I'll look into that if Peppermint's lead doesn't work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries