Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4 month old schedule?

leel

Post Fri, Jul 08 2011, 5:11 am
Interested in hearing what ur 4 month olds schedule is like. Mine really doesn't have one and doesn't sleep well at all so would love to hear what you all do out there

hop613

Post Fri, Jul 08 2011, 8:54 am
My baby is 5 months, but at 4 months his schedule was like this, if I'm remembering right.

Wake up between 6-7, eat at 7
nap from 830/9-1030/11-eat

nap around 12/1230-2

another really short nap around 4

Bedtime around 630

Woke up to eat anytime between 1 and 3, but he's bottle-fed

cm

Post Fri, Jul 08 2011, 10:14 am
At four months - our day started around 8:30 AM, and finished around 9-10 pm - but no real schedule at all and lots of getting up at night, etc. Breastfeeding every few hours.

At six months I was falling asleep on my feet and something had to change, so I stopped picking her up whenever she kvetched at night. Babies make a kevetchy sound when they are going through a lighter level of sleep, but aren't really awake. It turns out I had been waking her up more instead of letting her cycle back to a deeper level of sleep on he own!

She put herself on a regular schedule instantly - sleep at 8 PM, up around 6-6:30 AM. Occasionally up briefly around 11 pm. Breastfeeding on waking up and every four hours after, plus a little at bedtime. Nap two hours after waking up for 45 minutes, and again every four hours. Starting solids a little at each meal.

Even as an older child she likes to keep to a regular schedule - YMMV. The key during infancy was to respect her need for uninterrupted sleep cycles.

Hope that helps!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics