Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Gatorade, Powerade or Vitamin Water

mom2be1

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 4:05 pm
Which one would you say is best as far as nutritional value?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 4:59 pm
Plain/sparkling water, skim milk or diluted juice. None of your options have nutritional value. What kind of nutrients are you looking for?

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 5:10 pm
When I was dehydrated and pregnant, I drank pedialyte. It tasted nasty but it definitly helped.

sim

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 6:25 pm
All three have plenty of sugar. I'd avoid vitamin water if you're taking prenatal vitamins b/c you could potentially overdose on some of the stuff that's in it (it won't kill you, but it won't do you any good).

I drank a lot of grapefruit juice mixed with seltzer (a little more seltzer than juice). With any juice, this should be just what you need.

gold21

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 6:27 pm
I vote orange juice Wink

mamacita

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 7:16 pm
If all I had were those three choices, I'd go with gatorade. Powerade has high fructose corn syrup which we avoid. I'm not sure if the vitamin waters do also, but I think it's worth comparing the labels to see which has less calories, sugar, etc.

mazelandbracha

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 8:42 pm
I vote for smartwater. It's what I use before a fast too. Plain old water, but with the electrolytes added. No sugar, sweetener, artificial flavor, or any other shmutz. And I love the bottle with the cute goldfish. Smile

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Jul 21 2011, 9:15 pm
I'd make my own homemade gatorade. Basically I just add some salt to juice, but here's some more recipes.
http://www.livingonadime.com/h.....ipes/

This after fast all we had was grape juice, but I read somewhere that chocolate milk is great at doing the same thing that sports drinks do. No chocolate so I drank milk and I didn't get that after fast feeling.

bnm

Post Fri, Jul 22 2011, 12:48 am
vitamin water... smart water is vitamin water without the extra sugar and flavor. vitamin water has no food coloring, the other 2 options do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics