Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
SPIDERS!!!!

Are you scared of spiders?
Yes  
 73%  [ 14 ]
No  
 26%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 5:09 pm
Over Shabbos our house had two visiters, two HUGE spiders. I'am not exagerating they are HUGE. Both DH and I are terrified of them DH more then I. So what do people do here to get rid of spiders? We can not hoover them up as the kids are asleep, what should we do?

Last edited by rainbow baby on Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

faigie

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 11:24 pm
get a shoe and do them in.
if youre too chicken, id risk waking the kids and hoover them.

chen

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 10:52 am
unless they are the venomous kind, they are harmless and actually beneficial as they eat other insect pests. But if they are really crawling all over the place, which is not pretty and somewhat unnerving, just take a sheet of cardboard, let them crawl onto it, then shake it outside your door or window. No reason to kill them as they are friendly life forms. Pests, but good ones.

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 10:59 am
Well when we woke up the next morning they were GONE. They are probably hiding somewhere waiting to pounce on us.

Chen my dh is terrified of them he will not even be in the same room as them, I'am not much better but at least I will either hoover them up if they are huge, if they are small I will put something on top of it and remove it that way. But how are you ment to remve a huge spider that is on the roof.
I'am going to start a poll, please answer truthfully, are you scared of spiders? If I can work out how to do it.

chen

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:08 am
How big is big? If they are the size of a dinner plate and hairy...yeah, I'm scared of 'em! B"H we get little ones, which are very shy, and usually all I see is the cobwebs--which I leave in place unless we are expecting company. Then again, ours usually confine themselves to the windowsills and do not crawl all over the house. I would not like to find one in the kitchen cabinet or linen closet! AAAAAACK!

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:16 am
The biggest one was about the size of a small side plate had a huge body with long fat legs and it was in our hallway which is just next to the dining room on the ceiling. When you looked out into the dining room you could do nothing but notice it, crawling along the ceiling. My middle boy would not go past it, the other two just looked at it and laughted. We did not show the kids that we were scared, so he never got it from us, it just looked huge and scarey. Because it was Friday night we could do nothing about it.

tweety99

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:33 am
eeeeeeeew!! I absolutely cannot stand spiders!!!! I think I hav a phobia of them!! lol.
if I see one I scream and get my husband to come and get rid of it! bh hes not scared of them or I dunno wot wed do!

princessdiane1

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:39 am
I think I could handle all insects but spiders are definitely the worst!!!! I have some and every time I find another one I go nuts!! my bubby told me that to kill a spider is a mitzvah because when the beis hamikdosh was burning they were the only ones who didn't daven or something like that. (it was a while ago) Point is it's a mitzvah to kill them so I do!!!!

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 11:44 am
I was always taught that you should save them, because they helped Dovid Hamelach hide in the cave, but when I married my dh he told me that when the Beis Hamikdosh was destroyed they went into the fire to help it burn more. So I wonder which one it is.

happy2beme

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 12:22 pm
I also heard u dont kill them because Hashem sent a spider to make a web over the cave while dovid hamelech was hiding in it from shaul. I never heard about them in beis hamikdash. now I won't feel so bad when I (tell my dh to) kill them!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 12:24 pm
I used to scream bloody murder until any such bug was taken away.

I guess it's an old person thibng; I kind of like nature now!

aussiegal

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 2:15 pm
What you gotta do is teach your kids to not be scared of spiders. That way, they'll stamp on them or pick it up with a tissue and think it's a game!!(and you won't have to touch it!)

youngmom

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 3:03 pm
I'm not really scared of spiders. My problem is that I can't kill them becasue I can't stand to hear or even think of the crunch of their bodies (sorry for being so descriptive) when they're killed. B'h my husband has no problem getting rid of spiders and any other bugs that I find.

youngmom

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 3:04 pm
actually, I shouldn't say that I'm not scared at all. the ones I'm seeing around my house are small so I'm not scared just grossed out by them. I would be petrified of the one you were describing and like your husband, I would not step into the room with such a huge spider. Mad

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 4:27 pm
I can't touch them or stay near them, but I can't see them killed either... I have to trap them in a glass and throw them out... LOL

ssbarnes

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 4:44 pm
I am not afraid of spiders, but my husband is. He was bitten by a brown recluse years ago and nearly died, so I completely understand his fear.

Dena

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 4:46 pm
I tried showing kids that I wans't afraid of them.......they learned fear from other kids.

ny21

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 9:10 pm
I once went camping with my twins and their was a HUGE spider on the wall ! I screamed so loud I bet I woke up the whole camp site ! shock

mommy2

Post Tue, Sep 05 2006, 9:21 pm
I remember hearing you get 1 aveira and 7 mitzvas.

MommyEsty

Post Wed, Sep 06 2006, 5:01 am
in our appartment in israel my dh saw a huge trantula walking accross the floor, now he was freaked out ,and he usualy pickes up spiders with his finger and gets rid of them, he wouldnt let me see it in case I had a heart attack! in so Messed out by them!
it was so hard he was bashing it with a sponja stick for a while till it cracked!!
it was in my bedroom of course so we had to sleep with the light on and a towel under the door incase any other came in!! I felt sick I was so sceard!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics