Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Cat rushed to emergency with unexplained deep cut!

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 8:48 pm
I'm on adrenaline

We just noticed that our cat had this HUGE cut on his flank, it was horrible and deep it looked like a chicken breast ... our poor "olay" was looking guilty and did not go to DH for his daily after work cuddle.

We are beyond confused on how he hurt himself so terribly he is strictly indoors since birth, shy, loving and calm...
there was no blood anywhere ...I'm lost as how on earth did this happen?

DH and DD are at the emergency vet (ouch for our pocket) B'H Ollie aka "oy" ben devorah will have a complete refuah sheleima and not be a money pit LOL

This cat is famous for choking on stolen MM candy bars but never something so serious looking.

ok I breathe now....

mammala120

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 9:09 pm
check all the knives at home, he must have jumped over one. or he rubbed him self on metal sharp bed rail or something like taht.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 9:43 pm
he has an abcess .............needs emergency surgery or he will slowly rot and die Crying Crying
cost $1.500 (I do not have this kind of money)(no camp for the kids this year)
I'm torn ...but
kitty saved our lives as a shliach from Hashem in 2004 when our fire place was clogged by a squirrel nest .
he woke us up as the downstairs was filled with smoke ....fire department had us go to a hotel due to carbon monoxide levels being so high ..

Akeres hatov to kitty
can't think straight Sad

GreenEyes26

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:26 pm
Oy I'm so sorry!! Feel better little kitty!!! This is such a hard situation. Sad

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Jul 26 2011, 10:46 pm
I got on the phone and after declining the bloodwork ,tissue analysis, 2 day boarding fee
etc total was $150
I will look after him myself ,the vet was rough and made him scream.... gross money grab shock
he is shy and can not handle cages ... he was screaming for dd & dh and banging his head in the cage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets